Recent content by unicorncomputer

1. U

Size and grade for the bolt nut on CX-9 front lower ball joint?

2012 CX-9 sport, I need the specs / size and grade for the bolt nut on front lower ball joint. I believe part number for bolt to be 9YA02-1223. Thank you, Steve
  2. U

2012 CX-9 4wd light blinks when slippery

My awd isn't working correctly. When in slippery conditions, the 4wd light comes on, the car acts like its only fwd. I looked the best I can, the wires on the sensor seem ok. Any other ideas what I can look at to fully diagnosis the problem. No warning lights. or engine codes. I am afraid...
  3. U

flex pipe in exhaust

I am looking to replace just the flex part of 73024, I don't have the $100+ to buy the whole piece, rest of the pipe if fine, just want to cut out and replace the flex piece so I need size of pipe there. Thank you, Steve
  4. U

flex pipe in exhaust

I have the 2012 cx-9, there is a piece of the exhaust in the center that has a flex portion in it that has gone bad. I would like to replace just this piece of flex pipe, but need to know the size of the pipe to know what to order? Can anybody tell me the size of the exhaust at that point...
  5. U

ball joint replacement

I need to replace my drivers side lower ball joint. 2012 CX-9 My question is can I do it by just removing the swaybar link and pulling the control arm down while jacking up the rest? Or does the whole knuckle have to come off? Thank you, Steve
  6. U

Could this noise be from bad rotors?

With AWD, do I need all four tires off ground to spin or just the fronts? I have already tried spare on front left, I will try it on front right next. Thank you, Steve
  7. U

All 4 rotors and pads replaced. Noise still exists. I have noticed one caliper boot is torn, ordering replacement. https://youtu.be/Rd1cL9OlRKA No movement up and down or side to side, so I not thinking wheel bearing. ? Thank you, Steve
  8. U

I just replaced the front rotors sounds still exists. hopefully going to do rear rotors next month. Any other possibilities to check? Thank you, Steve
  9. U

Bent bracket, any hope?

I bought a cylinder of the map gas, yellow can. Used heat on both sides for a few minutes, started gently tapping with 2lb hammer. I did this 3 or 4 times, I did use a little more force the second time on. Not full on swings, but decent. I was able to get the piece almost back into perfect...
  10. U

Bent bracket, any hope?

I just got done replacing the rotors on my 2012 cx9. What a horrible job, should have been easy, but both front rotors were rusted seized to the hub. Drivers side took me 3 hours to get the rotors off. I ended up using something i saw on YouTube. Using a bolt, couple of nuts and washer. Our...
  11. U

does anybody have an suggestions for inexpensive rotors that are decent? Links? Thank you, Steve
  12. U

Has anybody used this brand of rotor before and what do you think of them? A pair of rotors for $61 shipped with 10 year warranty https://www.am-autoparts.com/products/brake-rotors/AM-2419598982.html?m=1179&y=2012
  13. U

There is a pulsing in the brake pedal when pressing. Pads were just replaced, but now I am thinking the rotors might be warped. I have posted a short video of it. Sorry the bandwidth of my NAS isn't great...
Back