Recent content by txt990

1. T

2.5 NA Cracked Cylinder Head with Oil leaking...How common is this?

My brother's is a 2021 cx-5 2.5 NA. Thanks for the video, just saw it earlier today. Good to hear yours is holding up.
  2. T

Unfortunately, that's all I can see with those comments. There are no additional details provided by CR. There is like one mention of "Cylinder Head". I am accessing the information using my library account.
  3. T

So, was just checking out the consumer reports site for the 2021 CX-5 and they recommend it. Looking at the what the owners say per CR: Engine Major Engine rebuild or replacement, cylinder head, head gasket, turbocharger or supercharger, timing chain or belt. What Owners Say Cylinder head...
  4. T

I guess I'll have to wait for a quite a few years before I look at Mazda again. The 2016 CX-5 is at 85k and planning to keep it running for another few years. My Corolla, even after the paint has faded off, mechanically it's quite good with the exception of the VVTi rattle that Toyota is...
  5. T

I just hope Mazda learns from this experience and does something for its loyal owners. I have always been a Toyota owner and bought our first Mazda cx-5 sport back in 2016 after reading reviews. It was our first SUV and it's my wife's daily driver. We love the CX-5 and it our vehicle for long...
  6. T

Mazda, I believe only sells their extended warranties if you by the car as certified CPO at a Mazda dealer. Is it possible to buy their extended warranty if the Mazda is purchased at a non-Mazda dealer? I imagine you would have to purchase an aftermarket warranty.
  7. T

I have a 2016 cx-5 sport with the 2.5L engine with 85k miles and it has been quite reliable. My brother was looking for a car a few months back and based on our experience with the 2016 CX-5 and Consumer Reports reliability ratings I saw that the 2021 model year was quite reliable. I found a...
  8. T

Cracked Block (2018 CX-5)

Ok, sounds good. Thanks!
  9. T

Thanks for the information. So, on the 2021 CX-5 sport if the car is only driven about 5k a year, how often does the oil have to be changed? 6 months or 1 year?
  10. T

My 2016 has the Skyactiv 2.5L. The 2021 Sport that my brother just bought has the 2.5L also. He has about 19k on car. He probably won't drive it a whole lot since he works from home a few days of the week. Do you see a oil leak or consumption with this issue?
  11. T

From what I have read online it seems to affect mostly the turbo engines? At least that what I thought I saw on a TSB.
  12. T

Car Issues After Low Battery From Sitting A While (2016 CX-5)

Maybe I get about a three-year life on batteries down here.
  13. T

Car Issues After Low Battery From Sitting A While (2016 CX-5)

I believe the Costco Interstate battery that I had was a replacement warrantied one that they gave me after the original one failed during the 36 month warranty period. So, the original one lasted me almost three years. So, per Costco the replacement battery does not have a warranty. The...
Back