Recent content by Turborascal

1. Turborascal

Smartphone USB Port Doesn't Charge Phone

The USB port adjacent to the diagram of the phone both connects to CarPlay AND charges my iPhone 11 Pro Max without issue. The unmarked port is low-power, doesn't interface with CarPlay, and allows the phone to drain its battery. If you're connected to the correct USB port and the phone isn't...
  2. Turborascal

How many actual miles on a new car?

It's been a while since I checked; but Japan-built Mazdas are offloaded in Los Angeles (used to be San Diego), Florida (Jacksonville iirc), and Boston. No Mazdas are currently offloaded in New Orleans.
  3. Turborascal

New CX5 owner

Congratulations and welcome. As a satisfied long-time Mazda owner, I anticipate a long life for your new car. (y) Oh ... and Soul Red Crystal is my favorite current Mazda color (though my Racing Orange 30th Anniversary Miata is pretty unique).
  4. Turborascal

New Mazda map?

In the past, new mapping data was released in January and again in July. I have no reliable source about the issue, but suspect that the update frequency changed to yearly.
  5. Turborascal

2020 CX-5 brake grinding sound

Exactly ... surface corrosion begins on the cast iron rotors shortly after parking. When driving off after the car sits for a time, a "pop" as brake pads release from the rotor and/or a grinding sound for the first stop or two is common. If it occurs after several stops, it may indeed need to...
  6. Turborascal

Any one have this on their dash?

Agree with the hairdryer idea, but on low or medium heat and don’t concentrate in one place for any length of time ... keep moving the air flow from top-to-bottom and side-to-side.
  7. Turborascal

CX-5 Android Auto / Apple CarPlay

Yes ... you’re good-to-go with the hardware installation.
  8. Turborascal

CX-5 Accessory must haves?

Yes, rear headrests are removed and then reinstalled through grommets in the seat back portion. Additionally, there are several patches of "hook" velcro that secure to the carpet. One nice touch is the extra flap that unfurls to protect the top of the rear bumper when loading and unloading...
  9. Turborascal

CX-5 Accessory must haves?

Agreed. I got one for my first generation CX-5 and liked it so much that I negotiated inclusion of one with the purchase of my '17 CX-GT ... since transferred to my '19 Signature.
  10. Turborascal

PSA: Please get a PPI on all used purchases

Excellent advice. A few years back I negotiated for and was ready to purchase a supposed CPO Porsche. A PPI by an independent shop discovered a leaking rear main engine seal and a defective wheel angle sensor. When the dealer wouldn't budge on the negotiated price I walked away ... and avoided...
  11. Turborascal

Wireless CarPlay Adapter...Anyone try CarPlay2Air?

Someone on Miata.net that tried it had to repair with Bluetooth every time the car was started and still had connectivity issues as stated above. I wouldn't waste my money.
  12. Turborascal

Mazda3 2.5T Poll: Are you going to buy a Mazda3 2.5 Turbo?

I'm currently driving a '19 Signature CX-5 equipped with the turbo soon to be installed in the 3. I previously had a '16 CX-9 (first year with the same engine). Though not a MazdaSpeed, a 3 with this engine should really scoot. I'm giving serious consideration to downsizing to the 3 since I...
  13. Turborascal

June 2020 Map update?

This isn't the first time we've received a "update" email when it wasn't yet on the server. It appears that MNAO announces the update before verifying with the vendor that it's available. These updates typically arrive the first or second week of January and then again in July. I anticipate...
  14. Turborascal

Firmware 70.00.367A

Just completed my update ... now on to the Miata ....
  15. Turborascal

In July 2020 Consumer Reports:

Just received my magazine and saw this today. 👍 Certainly validates our choice!
Back