Recent content by tropiganda

1. T

RX8 differential Mount fit on NC Differential?

A friend broke the differential mount on his 2006 NC Miata at an autocross event 2 hours from home. There is an RX8 in a junkyard and we are wondering if the differential mount from the rx8 will work on the NC. They pull up under different Mazda part numbers but we heard it is because the RX8...
  2. T

Dash Lights have stopped working and fan speed switch wires are getting really hot

The wires only get hot when the fan is running. seems to be the connector. The dash lights are on the "taillights" 15 amp fuse in the engine bay fusebox. It was blown and works after i replaced it. I think it blew because there is a orange and white wire and an orange wire coming form the...
  3. T

Dash Lights have stopped working and fan speed switch wires are getting really hot

Today after removing and reinstalling my aftermarket double din stereo, the dash lights stopped working and i also discovered that the big black and blue wires on the fan speed switch are getting very hot. Not sure if those two things are connected. Interior fuses are all fine. Cant seem to...
  4. T

Rear Lateral Link Replacement parts?

I am redoing the suspension in the rear of my P5 and need to replace the rear lateral links. Are all 4 identical to each other? On Rockauto there are several different brands and i am not sure what parts to order. I know there is a difference with the in the length if you have drum brakes which...
  5. T

Complete rear strut assembly

Trying to the revive this thread lol. What makes the Monroe stuff bad? I am thinking of going with the quickstruts and would like to know what you think of them.
  6. T

Need new struts and mounts, anybody had issues with Monroe Quickstruts?

Yeah I think I am going to spring for the quickstruts. I will try and remember to put together a guide of replacing them and report back with how they feel and stuff. Currently my rear end is sagging a ton and i really need to get new struts. It is getting bad.
  7. T

Need new struts and mounts, anybody had issues with Monroe Quickstruts?

I am needed to replace all my suspension components very badly as everything is shaking, popping, and rattling from all 4 corners of the vehicle. I am hoping to avoid the hassle of using spring compressors and am looking at Monroe quickstruts for the P5. Has anybody had any issues with these...
  8. T

Protege5 Partout

i will take the B&m short shifter. How much is shipping to 72227?
  9. T

Grinding, rubbing, whirring noise coming from transmission after replacing clutch

I found out that the grinding noise was my rear parking brake rotors. Just FYI to anybody who is looking for a possible solution
  10. T

Grinding, rubbing, whirring noise coming from transmission after replacing clutch

As the title says, I am getting a grinding noise coming from the transmission area after I replaced the clutch, flywheel, rear main seal, and axle seals. It has gotten progressivily worse and isnt tied to the Engine because it varies by car speed not engine RPM. Also the noise gets worse when...
  11. T

Flywheel bearing seized and ground down the end of the tranns shaft. How boned am I?

How tight should it be? It is loose but not too much. I can't afford a new transmission right now so any way to save money is what i need. I am thinking that
  12. T

Flywheel bearing seized and ground down the end of the tranns shaft. How boned am I?

I pulled my manual trans today to replace the rear main seal, RTV the MBSP bolts, and replace the clutch and flywheel. I pulled the trans, clutch, and flywheel and saw that the bearings were seized to s*** and left rusted metal dust everywhere. I inspected the trans shaft and it appears that it...
Back