Recent content by Trip CX9

1. Trip CX9

Way to disable SiriusXM severe weather alerts?

I can’t remember the main menu selection…I think it’s information. Go to Sirius Travelink. Weather alerts. You should see options for alert notifications and alerts filters. Unchecking everything in both options should disable the alerts.
  2. Trip CX9

Gas Station POIs

Now that I’m reading this, yes, they are turned on for me. The only reason I noticed it is because I had switched to the Mazda native system from CarPlay to adjust some settings and happenEd to tap navigation and saw the POIs. I did not turn them off at the time because I typically use Apple...
  3. Trip CX9

CX-9 Maintenance interval suggestion

Love Blackstone. I have used them for years. Have not use them for my more recent Mazdas but I do still have a 1989 Honda Prelude that I send oil samples to once a year, just to make sure there are no symptoms of anything going bad in the engine. @OP …. Part of Mazda’s solution to help...
  4. Trip CX9

No transmission kickdown (at higher speeds) from 2021 CX-9?

I would do some experimenting. Put the shifter into manual mode by tilting it to the left. Confirm what gear you’re in. At a cruising, steady state at that speed you should be in sixth gear. Then tap the left pedal shifter to make the car downshift. This will at least confirm the car is capable...
  5. Trip CX9

Mazda mobile start discontinuation options and lease vs. buy questions

I would also go the route to buy out the lease and claim the $400. Right now, new car lots are getting bare and the prices of used cars are high. With such low mileage on your CX-9, I would definitely keep it. No telling when the new or used car market will straighten out.
  6. Trip CX9

2016~2021 Does anyone else's center console piano plastic squeak?

I get an occasional buzzing from the center screen on top of the dash when the temperatures go from hot to cold or vice versa, quickly. On the center console, the seat bolster rubs against the armrest and squeaks. I put a little felt on the bolster and it stopped. Nothing that I’ve paid...
  7. Trip CX9

Autobahn88 Hood Lift Support Install, Uninstall and Review

I’d probably send the 2nd set back, too. :ROFLMAO:
  8. Trip CX9

This kit actually looks to have a better solution. The strap in the pic … it has a nut on the end of it. You can thread the strap through a hole in the body so it’s underneath another existing hole. The ball for the socket piece then has something to screw into, Then you yank it out and...
  9. Trip CX9

I purchased the Autobahn88 Hood Lift Support (for 2016-2021 Mazda CX-9 Mark2 Skyactiv-G) through Amazon. They make hood lifts for tons of vehicles. Their hardware mounts without the need for drilling. Installation literally only takes about 15 or 20 minutes. The quality of the hardware itself...
  10. E38F2599-3142-49C2-9165-5E3D315C6C55.jpeg

E38F2599-3142-49C2-9165-5E3D315C6C55.jpeg

11. E56BD9E9-2455-4CE0-9169-12D0980CC067.jpeg

E56BD9E9-2455-4CE0-9169-12D0980CC067.jpeg

12. 7DF0AA59-AEB2-4E05-AE8B-05E2F004A6A0.jpeg

7DF0AA59-AEB2-4E05-AE8B-05E2F004A6A0.jpeg

13. Trip CX9

CX-9 vs Competitors

I got them on Amazon. They look to be good quality. I’ll be installing them this weekend. Autobahn88 Hood Lift Support, fits for 2016-2021 Mazda CX-9 Mark2 Skyactiv-G (Matt Black)
  14. Trip CX9

CX-9 vs Competitors

Great feedback. Thanks for sharing. A few comments you might find helpful. 1. I just received aftermarket hood struts in the mail. They bolt to existing points on the hood and just inside the fenders….no drilling. Supposedly will install in 15 minutes. I’ll take pics and report back...
  15. Trip CX9

CX-9 Qi Charging Issues

I have a 2021 CX-9 GT also. Wireless chargers in general seem to make my iPhone run hot so I’m not too worried about the phone feeling warm in the car. Unless my phone is below 50%, I typically set it perpendicular to the charger so it doesn’t engage or put it in the cup holder. If I‘m...