Recent content by theblooms

1. theblooms

Car Leasing vs Financing

Which is why you have to save up until you do. I haven't made a car payment since 1999. I learned the hard way that instant gratification inevitably leads to disaster. I cannot tell you how BROKE we really were. 3 months behind on the mortgage. Getting our lights and water cut off. Not even...
  2. theblooms

Car Leasing vs Financing

Car sales tax in my state is capped at $500. Doesn't matter if you're buying $2,000,000 Ferrari or a $7,500 2015 Mazda3.
  3. theblooms

Car Leasing vs Financing

In the last 31 years, I've spent roughly $35,000 on my Mazdas. That's purchase price and replacement of non-routine worn parts like timing belts ($50 on my old 323 and Protege every 75,000), shocks, control arms and wheel bearings (about $60 each every 200,000 miles). Never had to do any other...
  4. theblooms

Car Leasing vs Financing

I read your entire post, and I understand that you're a salesman with something to sell. The one thing you forgot to mention about renting car, even your Maserati, is that you spend THOUSANDS of dollars on your rental, and when the term is over, you're looking at an empty driveway. Even though...
  5. theblooms

Car Leasing vs Financing

That is COMPLETELY incorrect. Total myth. Millionaires have *zero* debt. Read #4. https://www.ramseysolutions.com/retirement/habits-of-millionaires-and-billionaires
  6. theblooms

Car Leasing vs Financing

Not if you can't get a job other than Starbucks or Home Depot with your "University Studies" degree.
  7. theblooms

Car Leasing vs Financing

No, it's not. Not at all. Debt is evil, period. When you're debt free, the freedom that comes with it is truly a blessing, both financially and psychologically.
  8. theblooms

Dealer extended warranty. Worth it?

There is no such thing as an "extended warranty". What you bought is simply a pre-paid service contract that you'll probably never use. Take the $5,000, put it in a mutual fund, and if you ever need to have a major repair (chances are slim), then withdraw the money and pay for it.
  9. theblooms

Car Leasing vs Financing

It doesn't. Not in the slightest. People who rent cars shop on monthly payments instead of how much the car actually costs. That is simply a wrong way to think about your financial stability and pretty much guarantees you'll be in debt for the rest of your life. There are studies out there that...
  10. theblooms

2012 Mazda2 Recommended wireless CarPlay head units?

Do NOT get one of those "pure Android" pieces of junk. Trust me on this. I loved the idea of them so much, I tried 3 different ones. Each was worse than the last. Stick with a name brand you've heard of: Alpine, JVC, Pioneer, Kenwood, Sony. Personally I have Kenwood Excelons with Android...
  11. PXL_20230620_192419767.jpg

PXL_20230620_192419767.jpg

12. theblooms

Off Topic Dealerships need to end

Which is exactly why I never walk into those places.
  13. theblooms

Off Topic Dealerships need to end

I recently read something in a Mazda group: "I'm a finance guy in the car business and a BIG fan of service contracts" Well of course they are, the back room add ons and financing percentage hold-backs is where they make all of their money. It should be *ILLEGAL* for a car dealership to offer...
  14. theblooms

Oil filter after 1st oil change (2024 CX-5)

Brand new engines are going to have minor break-in particles. Save #2, and I bet it'll be better.
Back