Recent content by Takehold66

1. T

Transfer case leaking again - question

Thanks for the replies - Sounds like pumping out the old fluid and replacing it could save the car and get me the 6-8 months I need. Will also be easier to sell or trade so that is what I will attempt.
  2. T

Transfer case leaking again - question

I have a 2010 CX-9 GT AWD that had the TC replaced at about 35K - it now has 92K on it and is starting to leak again. It is wet around the usual area and there is a dime size drip overnight on the ground. My question is, if I suck out the old fluid now and add new fluid, would that save it and...
  3. T

Want to buy a 2017 or 2018 CX-9...Questions

Wow - ok thank you both for the responses. I will have give my dealer a call. Good weekend to buy a car -
  4. T

Ok - thanks for the info - will see what turns up
  5. T

My wife drives and loves our 2010 CX-9 GT-AWD with 92K but we are thinking of moving on to a newer pre-owned one to buy. Based on CR reviews and budget I am thinking a 17 or 18 will work for us. What we mostly want is decent reliability because we plan to keep it for a while. While I read...
  6. T

2016-2017 CX9 Brake servicing

Not related to brakes but to dealer part of this story - I brought my 2010 CX-9 in for airbag recall and when they called my wife to pick up the car they told her 3 light bulbs were out(2 front and 1 rear) and for $45 they could replace them. She called me and I told her to decline. Of course...
  7. T

2011 CX-9 LF possible brake noise?

Stuck caliper - had it on my 2010 - front right - replaced last year and it happened again a month ago so I replaced it again -
  8. T

2010 Toruing Front brake pads and hardware clips questions

I used auto zone pads and they were the same inside and out. They go either way. The clips should snap in but there is no need to bend them over or do anything to them. Some pads sets come with wear indicators that usually attach to the top of the inside pad but it is separate from the clips...
  9. T

Whats leaking on a 2010 CX-9 AWD?

I believe that is the transfer case that is leaking. I have a 2010 also and mine looked like that at about 30k miles and they replaced the transfer case. Well known issue on this car. Bring it in right away. There is a huge thread on this. How many miles? It may not be under warranty as...
  10. T

Ambient Temperature for Recommended Tire Pressure

I am the same way and I agree with everything you stated. What I do is set the pressure based on the average temp for the next month or two. I always pick a number that will work should the ambient temp rise or fall by about 10 degrees. So here in NY, in December-Feb, I know the temps avg...
  11. T

Issues with locks

This happens to my 2010 sometimes also - very annoying -
  12. T

CR CX-9 Reliability Nosedive

^ Oh, maybe I misread it? I was thinking that the new overall score went from 81 to 54. So are you thinking that the score of 54 is the predicted reliability score and Not the overall score for the car? If that's the case then I am not as worried since this is year 3 of the redesign so...
  13. T

CR CX-9 Reliability Nosedive

About CR - About 11 days ago I bought a new 2018 GLC based on the CR online ratings from only 2 weeks ago!! Where they had it with a score of 81 with top ratings for reliability in it's class! Now 11 days after I bring it home they have it at a 54 with a heavy weight on poor reliability! Not...
  14. T

2008 cx-9 GT Automatic/Manual Mode

My 2010 does and always has.
Back