Recent content by Spinitsidewayz

1. S

Sorta New (to me anyways) Protege - Building up for SCCA RallyX

For scca rallyx? The few Miatas here are pretty fast!
  2. S

Sorta New (to me anyways) Protege - Building up for SCCA RallyX

Hey guys! Not particularly new to the forum. Just finally gotten around to introducing myself to the protg group. :) Picked this one up about a year and a half ago and decided to start building it up for rallycross. Such a fun car! I also own and autocross a Mazda2. The protg just fits...
  3. S

Request: How to activate turn signals without using the turn stick?

I feel like holding down a momentary button would be more work than flicking the stalk anyways, if you use your turn signals properly. I would utilize a 3-way toggle switch if you really had to have it. Tony, some racecars do. In multi-class racing, slower cars will often use signal lights to...
  4. S

Dynotronics remote tune - reviews/reports?

Finally got around to loading the initial tune onto the car a last week. Coupled with a CAI and 92, the throttle response is definitely much more enjoyable than the stock crap. Gotta get off my butt and install the header and get an exhaust made. Then I think I'll start logging. My laptop...
  5. S

What did you do to your Mazda2 today?

At least the steelies are lighter. :p I can no longer run the plastic wheel covers because of my extended lugs... #ghettofabracecardaily status.
  6. S

MPG: The Secret to my Success.

Just to add a bit of information, utilizing my Ultragauge which pulls information through the OBD port, the stock intake is generally 15 degrees above ambient temps at highway speeds. Sitting on grid at an autocross event, ambient usually above 85deg, the intake temps can hit the 130's. In...
  7. S

2012 Mazda2 Manual Transmission/Transaxle Gear oil change?

Should be perfectly fine.
  8. S

Gear box fluid

As long as it didn't smell like coolant lol. Did you measure from the inspection hole or the fill hole?
  9. S

The Age Old Question, What Size?

Which width for the Konigs? 6, 6.5, 7? Personally, I would look at pricing in either tire size you considering, as certain sizes are more popular and so those sizes tend to be cheaper. Wider tire usually = less fuel mileage, and depending on several factors, will feel mushier on the same rim...
  10. S

Does anyone here have this installed?

It should fit all DE years. As far as effectiveness, I doubt you would be able to tell at all. The 2 has a pretty stiff chassis to begin with and that mounts right underneath the firewall. Its the same concept in that they are both bars... but one supplements the torsion beam and the other...
  11. S

:( Its impossible to heel-toe downshift in these cars!

I need this reflash like yesterday. I would get it for the throttle hang elimination alone. I actually enjoy driving my protege with completely shot shifter bushings more over shifting in the 2 with the electronic throttle...
  12. S

Just finished Evolution Autocross School :)

It was about 83F with very clear skies :) RS-3's are the tire of choice out here. I am wearing the 195/50's. Tom just had amazing throttle control. I guess you have to when you drive Z06's and boosted mini's. In some corners where I would make the mistake to try and dig in deep and use the...
  13. S

2015 plans

That would be an interesting proposition for autox. But now you gave me an Idea for when I do passenger runs. lol. Driving around with an instructor usually makes me at least half a second slower.
  14. S

Just finished Evolution Autocross School :)

Undoubtedly one of the most fun filled weekends I've had. Even though it wore me out physically and mentally, I got a lot of runs in and learned a lot over these 3 days. Day 1 - I had Brian Peters and Ron Bauer as instructors. Both had never driven Mazda 2's and were pretty impressed with the...
  15. S

No New Mazda2 for the United States

Be aware of the dates in those articles. I think you might be confused on the definition of facelift. The 2014's everyone else has globally is the '2016 Mazda 2' the USA media site is refering to. It's not just a facelift... Everyone already has the new DJ model. However, that media release...
Back