Recent content by speedymatt

1. S

Can I make my CX-7 reliable?

That's borderline a philosophical question, lol! First off, if you are within 7 years and 70,000 miles your VVT's tab should be picked up by Mazda as part of VVT Noise and Timing Chain Noise Warranty Extension SSP87. My take, and I'm sure a lot of others will have a different angle... any used...
  2. S

2008 Mazda CX-7 AUX/USB connection (with factory NAV, Grand Touring trim)

Easy, although a bit scary the first time you do it... but take a deep breath and do it, it's easy and I don't think you can really break anything. This is how you do it: - First off, I'd say buy a unit with bluetooth, that way you don;t have to monkey around with a jack, and you will have phone...
  3. S

Mechanic Suggested I Replace the Engine After Taking it in with P0304 Code.....

Your mechanic started well, (plugs and coils), but then misdiagnosed (mine did the same). You do not need a new engine. it is unlikely that you have a cracked cylinder or valve problem: 99% sure it is your injector seals (and perhaps your injectors as well but probably not). A good mechanic will...
  4. S

Airbag light solid, but intermittent

Nope... but, did you get your Takata airbag recall implemented by your dealership? 99% sure you are subject to it, and that might fix your issue! (My recall was implemented about 6 months ago and mine is an '07). Some code readers can read this code (just like a typical check engine light). You...
  5. S

CX-7 acceleration issue - lost for causes

Hmmm, any check engine light? (If so, can you post the code, that would help steer you in the right direction). The Turbo kicks in at ~2500rpm. Does it run perfectly below that? My hunch: I'd do a compression test to determine whether this is a cylinder issue or not (you can Youtube it...
  6. S

P0303 and failed compression test

My dear P0303 friend, goodbye! Back to perfect compression, no more misfire, and CEL not coming back. Despite the inexistant response I figured I'd post the solution to this problem for the benefit of others that may encounter that issue. Quite frankly whether you have a P0301, P0302, P0303...
  7. S

P0303 and failed compression test

Hi there! P0303 (misfire cylinder 3) just popped up after 121,000 miles on my 2007 CX-7 (i.e. turbo). Very unfortunate since it was running so nice lately. Anything different lately? Well, new gas tank 30 miles prior (doubt that is the problem), and 2 tanks ago I put a can of gumout in the gas...
  8. S

Snow chains on a 2WD...

Yes, correct but that's not helping at all. CHP requires chains and no exceptions are taken... Anybody has a recommendation on what kind of snow chains/cables are best for a CX7 and where to get it? Thanks!
  9. S

Snow chains on a 2WD...

Got stopped by CHP last winter with a 2WD 2008 Suburban... unfortunately they do mean it (and enforce it) when there is a substantial amount of snow
  10. S

Snow chains on a 2WD...

Hi there, snow season is just around the corner and unfortunately, even when the car (& driver) can handle it without chains up to a point, we're required in Cali to have snow chains on 2 wheel drive SUVs... What snow tires would you guys recommend? I don't go up often enough to justify buying...
Back