Recent content by Speedie95

1. S

What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Installed the "correct" Soul Red mirror caps on my 2024 Turbo Signature. I know what Mazda were trying for i.e. a tie-in with the silver trim on the lower front and rear bumpers, but to me the Titanium mirror caps just looked as though they ran out of the correct ones and went rummaging through...
  2. S

What did you pay for your CX-5?

Leased a 2024 Turbo Signature on the last day of March. MSRP $42,690, that was discounted to $40,686, and the money factor translated to 2.42% APR on a 3 year, 12k / year lease. Happy with that discount and interest rate in the current environment.
  3. S

2016 GT to 2021 GTR: Giggles and Niggles

Thank-you for the congrats. Very happy so far! I'm surprised too honestly, in fact before taking delivery I was already eyeballing Crutchfield for replacements. Between the door woofers and the powered trunk "sub" there's plenty of bass to suit my taste, and the highs are well taken care of...
  4. S

2016 GT to 2021 GTR: Giggles and Niggles

I picked up a 2021 GTR on Monday to replace my 6+ year old 2016 GT. With the state of the used car market right now it just made sense, or that's how I'm justifying it anyway :sneaky: Some thoughts on the differences after a whole 5 days of ownership: Giggles: 1) Without a doubt has to be the...
  5. S

2016 GT Wheels on 2021 CX-5 GTR?

Thank-you, I appreciate your input. I'm going to take one of the 2016 wheels to the dealership and have them check for fit and clearance on the 2021 that I'm looking at. Will update the thread once I have an answer. At worst it does seem that 5mm spacers will get the job done.
  6. S

2016 GT Wheels on 2021 CX-5 GTR?

Considering trading in my 2016 Grand Touring for a 2021 Grand Touring Reserve (Turbo). I have a set of OEM 19" wheels for the 2016 that I have Blizzaks mounted on. As that was a reasonably substantial investment, whether or not they can be used on the 2021 GTR is a consideration. It looks as...
  7. S

2016 GT / Bose / Front Door Speakers

I'm tired of having to periodically take the Blose "woofers" out of the front doors and repair them when the cones detach yet again (truly awful design btw). I'm long since outside the factory warranty, so I'd like to replace them with something better quality. I've already replaced the front...
  8. S

WARNING: Mazda Mobile Start Owners

See, I think they absolutely can reactivate the device. My belief is that they simply blacklist the 25 digit device ID in their systems if you don't maintain a continuous subscription / activate it within 13 months of purchase. In the previous section, section 8, of the Ts and Cs they state in...
  9. S

Oh I'm far from giving up. Next step is to follow their own beloved Ts and Cs and give their legal dept 30 days to resolve this issue, citing the fact that this "subscribe continuously or we'll disable your $550 hardware" is not disclosed anywhere during the purchase of the vehicle or on the...
  10. S

Exactly. And it means that having paid for a $550 option, they now expect me to have it ripped out and a get new one installed (another $650 - $700) because I let the $65 annual subscription expire. There is literally no good reason for this at all other than misplaced greed. They'd apparently...
  11. S

There's no hardware or software reason at all. You'll note in that section of the Ts and Cs that this deactivation happens if 1) a subscription lapses for more than a month or 2) the device isn't activated on a new vehicle within 13 months of purchase. It can't simultaneously be that the device...
  12. S

I'm somewhere beyond fuming right now. I bought a 2016 CX-5 GT back in 2015, and it came equipped with Mazda Mobile Start from the factory. I activated the trial subscription but felt that it wasn't worth the ongoing subscription fee at the time. Therefore I didn't renew. Fast forward and my...
  13. S

2013~2016 Blown Front Door Speaker

Before you look at replacing it, what are the symptoms of it being "blown"? Is it rattling?
  14. S

2016 CX-5 Audio upgrade thread

Bumping my own bump... The D pillar speakers were extremely easy to replace with a pair of Infinity Ref 3022CFX, and the rear doors with a pair of Infinity Ref 6522EX. I used a pair of PAC NSB710 adapters for the rear doors along with the Metra 72-5602 harness. I also installed a Kenwood...
  15. S

2016 CX-5 Audio upgrade thread

I know I'm bumping an old thread, but I had to say thank-you to the many contributors. I switched out the 3 Bose dash speakers in my 2016 GT for Infinity Ref 3022CFX speakers this evening and it's a noticeable improvement. Not necessarily an "I was blown away!" difference but for sure a change...
Back