Recent content by smfitch

1. S

E-brake warning light - Only one side works

I haven't figured it out, however what you're describing is one of my symptoms. When I engage the e-brake with the engine off, both will engage. However when disengaging (or even tapping the accelerator) I can feel one side jump then the other. Same situation as yours. For now I'm just...
  2. S

When the car is on, only one side engages. And if you do engage the brakes while the car is on, one side engages, but once you turn the car off the other brake still won't engage. It seems you have to go through an entire cycle of turning on car, releasing brake, turning off, engaging brake...
  3. S

Both engine and power on. Only when the car is completely off will both engage. I've seen that video a few times, but based on the comments I can't tell if that is the appropriate way to replace the brakes. Several commenters said they messed up their brakes. I only did it the way by going...
  4. S

Great thoughts... But those were some of the few things I've tried (since then I've had to replace the battery so I know it was disconnected for a good length of time). It just throws me for a loop that it works fine without the car on, but having the car on only operates one side.
  5. S

Hey everyone, I posted a similar question about a year ago but thought I'd ask again since the problem hasn't been fixed. I did a rear brake job on my wife's 2016 CX9. I put the brakes into maintenance mode, replaced the pads, and took it out of maintenance mode. All works great AS LONG AS...
  6. S

2016 CX-9 E-brake issues - repair or replace?

Sorry for not responding sooner (I thought I was getting notifications but they're not coming through). Yes, I thought I had done a job of getting all the air out, but I'm starting to wonder if there is a code that needs to be reset? Here's some more information- I found that when I shut the...
  7. S

Sorry for not responding sooner (I thought I would get an email notification). Thank you for your reply! This is good stuff. So today I decided to take everything down to zero and start fresh. The motors work fine (took them out and attached power to make sure they turn). I also made sure...
  8. S

Hello everyone- I'm doing everything I can to figure out a way to avoid a $2100 dealer bill. My wife has a 2016 CX-9 with about 85K miles. A couple of weeks ago I did a SECOND rear brake job for her (first one was about 2 years ago). I've done one before, and I knew how to retract the...
  9. S

Need advice on what to look for in a used Mazda

Hello everyone, My 17 year old niece is looking for her first car and really likes Mazdas. I had a 2005 3GT, and currently drive a 2014 6GT and my wife drives a 2016 CX-9 so she's been around them. She's asked me to keep my eye open for an inexpensive (think $4000 or less) Mazda 3. I know...
  10. S

Problem with Bose head unit- what options do I have? 2011 model

Hello everyone, I recently took my wife's 2011 CX-9 to the dealer for a sound problem. She has a 10 speaker, bose unit with navigation. A few months back the bluetooth connection sounded terrible (static, and very "tinny" sounding. The speakers sounded like they were played on a clock...
Back