Recent content by sm1ke

1. sm1ke

2024 vs 2025 CX-90...Worth waiting for..?

I have to agree. In addition to those QC adjustments, they also always make some quality of life adjustments or modifications for each model year, so it might be worth waiting to see what those might be. For example, one of the reasons I got my 2018 CX-9 is because they improved 3rd row...
  2. sm1ke

Now with the CX-70 "revealed", what is everyone buying?

Calling for pitchforks before you've even seen it? Sounds like you already have a bias.
  3. sm1ke

91 vs. 93 octane and GT-R/Sg trim CX5's

I'm not familiar with the Russian specifications/requirements, but the recommended fuel should be listed in your Owner's Manual for the car. Higher octane will be safer, but may also be unnecessary.
  4. sm1ke

Buzzing sound 2023 CX-5

If its more of a buzz than a whistle, it's probably vibration in the high pressure fuel line bracket. I think there was a TSB that instructed techs to apply foam tape or something similar on the bracket to eliminate the buzzing.
  5. sm1ke

Now with the CX-70 "revealed", what is everyone buying?

I would guess that many were hoping for the 70 as a Goldilocks' "just right" option as there weren't many options that fit those shopper's needs, back when they expected a shorter, lighter 90 at an attractive price. Now, they're forced to look elsewhere and make some concessions or spend the...
  6. sm1ke

Considering a 2021-2023 CX-9 CE or Better - Please Advise

Glad to hear you like your wife's CX-9! I certainly love my 2018 haha. As @hw4ng3r mentioned, I would go for a 22+ to avoid the potential oil consumption issue, but if the price difference is significant enough I'd still consider the 2021. I'm not sure what your climate is like, but if you find...
  7. sm1ke

Car Leasing vs Financing

Indeed, I'm learning quite a bit about the nuances of leasing.
  8. sm1ke

Car Leasing vs Financing

Right, that is not the point of this thread, and doesn't help the OP with the question they're asking. Still a great way to approach buying vs. leasing/financing, but not really relevant to the topic at hand. Let's stay on track please! To clarify the topic, I've updated the title of the thread...
  9. sm1ke

For Sale Mazda CX-5 Lubricants

Hi Geoff, as you are looking to sell some items, I moved your thread to our Marketplace. Per our Marketplace selling rules, please update your post to include a picture of the items you are selling with a hand-written sign that includes the date, your Mazdas247 username, and "Mazdas247". An...
  10. sm1ke

Front brake pad and rotor replacement, as well as front wheel hub and bearing replacement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot0lbOSncf0&lc=UgwzMcykMUl8QzPA7mB4AaABAg
  11. sm1ke

Potential CX-5 Owner with questions

The CX-5 is available with the 2.5L engine or the 2.5T engine. Both engines have had issues with cracks in the cylinder heads, but with different symptoms and causes. The 2.5L engine, which normally comes with cylinder deactivation, could develop a crack on the back of the cylinder head...
  12. sm1ke

Poll Who thinks the CX-60 is coming to North America?

Yeah I'm not really sure what it would entail. Maybe not much, but I think it would probably involve all of the above. I thought it might need a LHD conversion, but pictures on Mazda Australia's website show both LHD and RHD interiors. So maybe it'll be easier than I thought!
  13. sm1ke

Car Leasing vs Financing

Ok, I think now we're headed towards more off-topic talk. Let's get back to leasing vs. buying please. Thanks
  14. sm1ke

Power lift gate problem (2024 Mazda CX-5)

If the sensor or whatever is bad, and you clear the codes, they should come back when you try to open the lift gate again. If they don't, and everything works normally again, great! If they do come back, the dealer needs to diagnose. If they sent you away and asked you to come back next week, I...
  15. sm1ke

Poll Who thinks the CX-60 is coming to North America?

I would like them to bring it over. But I wonder how they would price it to account for the costs of getting it certified?
Back