Recent content by Sig cx-5

1. Sig cx-5

Replaced CX-5 OEM Toyo Tires

We were for the time we had them. We drove about 13k miles then sold the car. Much better than the crappy Toyo's.
  2. Sig cx-5

Replaced CX-5 OEM Toyo Tires

Michelin Cross Climate 2's. They were great tires.
  3. Sig cx-5

Level 2 Charging experience (CX-90 PHEV)

What's the MPG rating when the battery is depleted? Like when you take it on a cross country trip. How many of those trips do you take in an average year? I ask, because we were once concerned with range anxiety, but since buying our Model Y, have never had any real concerns. We've taken a...
  4. Sig cx-5

At my wits end... *May contain complaints 😉

A large number of your complaints are based on what I bolded, above. I hate sounding like a broken record, but I hope this was a learning experience for you. You really need to do better research before you end up purchasing another vehicle you end up disliking.
  5. Sig cx-5

Why do you think I didn't notice they were hybrids? That should have been a given, as it's clearly shown. I was just pointing out the error in your statement that they are cheaper and don't compete. You have a top trim Signature, so I chose to compare top trims. The closest competitor to the...
  6. Sig cx-5

The CX-5 is a direct competitor to the Rav4 and CR-V, whether you believe it or not. Prices are very much competitive, too. Not "thousands" of dollars less. These are top trims of each: I would chose the CX-5 Signature all day, over the other 2. The others have better fuel economy, but...
  7. 1709130860094.png

1709130860094.png

8. 1709130898753.png

1709130898753.png

9. 1709131080455.png

1709131080455.png

10. Sig cx-5

20k on the OEM tires? No wonder you slid off the driveway. You seem set in your mind, so please do yourself a favor and buy something else. Remember to do more research next time. And. $40k for a vehicle is on the low end nowadays.
  11. Sig cx-5

The newer fob sounds like a bad design. Our 2019 had the buttons on the front and worked fine. The AWD was great in Chicago winters, but the stock tires were replaced early with CC2's. If you're still on the OEM's, dump them! You may not have individual tire pressure readings, but you do have...
  12. Sig cx-5

Average MPG less than 20mpg, am I alone?

Including YOU. :) Even if you gained 50 HP, you would still be driving a slow top heavy SUV. I'll bet you've also added a CAI. LOL
  13. Sig cx-5

I believe you stated that the 91 you use has no ethanol. Is that correct? If so, that's the reason you see better fuel economy, but it comes at a co$t. You're also not running the turbo, so you're correct that there's no HP benefit. It's your money, so spend it as you wish! 💸
  14. Sig cx-5

Yes, I saved receipts and had a tracking spreadsheet. I'm anal that way. :)
  15. Sig cx-5

I don't think I ever responded to this thread, but our old '19 CX-5 only once achieved MPG's above 20. That was on a long highway trip we took in 2020. It was always hovering around 18MPG's, which was in mixed driving conditions. I used only 93 octane early on, but switched to 87 after realizing...
Back