Recent content by shooter357

1. S

Brakes at an old age

Well I made one of the biggest mistakes I've ever made for a while. I replaced the pads and rotors on all four wheels myself. I had an electric scissor jack and jacked one side and put jack stands at both ends. I did it so I could rotate the tires also. So I did a side at a time and got it all...
  2. S

2014 CX-5 Feels underpowered

Take a compression reading on all four cylinders.
  3. S

Looking for a 2014 CX-5 Hood Strut Kit

I acquired a kit from Amazon. Work well!
  4. S

2019 CX-5 Brake questions

I was told I would soon need pads and was wondering how many replaced rotors at the same time. Seems like if you take them that far apart why not replace rotors also?
  5. S

TPMS Question (2024 CX-5 Signature)

I doubt it very much!
  6. S

CX-5 Year, Mileage and Repairs

I don't consider items that are replaced because of wear repairs. Mine's a 2019 and I replaced tires once. Can't count the number of oil and filter (cabin, engine) changes. Other than routine that so far is all that's been done but next tire rotation I'll replace the brakes.
  7. S

CX-5 Serpentine Belt and Tensioner Quote from Dealer

I'm not an engineer but this brings to mind why didn't they just make the tensioner a spring type like so many other autos use. Maybe I'm just old and am used tocars with distributors where you had to set the point gap, dwell and replace the condenser, rotor and distributor cap. Oh well!
  8. S

Headlights not turning-on on 'Auto' (2019 CX-5)

The automatic feature is controlled by the light stalk. It has to be in the forward position to be "on". It could be a problemwith the switch.
  9. S

Ugh...Tired of seeing the CX-5 everywhere

In my opinion people are underestimating Mazda. They are a world class car. Yes it's a small company but they try harder and give you more for your money. Some with other suv's have them because they have more storage room for families, not a whole lot more but some. Yes some on this board have...
  10. S

SkyActiv-G 2.0L/2.5L Twin-Screw Supercharger Kit by VT-Racing

As someone who is old and used to have a 40 horsepower Volkswagen what I keep wondering is what do people do with all that extra horsepower? I have a normally aspirated 2019 CX5 that has more power than I need. I find that I get carried away with the power and let my backside get up on my...
  11. S

Crunchy grinding noises at low speed gear shifts (2019 CX-5)

Have you checked the tranny fluid level? If the second dealership doesn't do anything you like you might be wiling to pay for them to pull the pan and see if there are any unusually high metal particles. If not let them change the filter, clean the pan and replace it and fluid. If there is...
  12. S

2013~2016 CX-5 HVAC stopped blowing

The KISS principal is so appropriate for this situation!!!
  13. S

New 2024 CX-5 Build and Upgrades

Sometimes the dealership will do a coating so you might want to inquire about that. Of course there's no knowing about the quality of what they do. But I'd ask them.
  14. S

Mazda CPO coverage and changing own oil?

I don't understand what the obsession about oil is! Is this the correct weight? Is this the correct amount? Is this the correct type? If I change my own oil will it void the warranty,etc.? I remember the days of click and clack the tappet brothers on PBS. If you're worried about the warranty...
Back