Recent content by Seminole

1. S

Steering Wheel Vibration

I dealt with it 3 years ago when I first bought the car and finally gave up. Originally the dealer re-balanced it twice, then swapped the wheels and tires off another brand new one that was on the lot. Still did it. The dealer even got corporate involved. Like I said, after tons of re-balancing...
  2. S

Steering Wheel Vibration

This is a common issue with this generation CX-5. Mazda even put out a TSB about it. They say it has to do with tire balance, but I think there is an underlying issue with the design of the vehicle (maybe rigid mounting the steering wheel is the cause) that makes it extremely susceptible to...
  3. S

2014 headlight replacement

Yep, that's 100% HID. You can see how the projector has a gap between it and the surrounding silver trim. On the non-HID you can see how there isn't a gap and the silver surround is much thicker: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61OcPK0Kh3L._AC_SX425_.jpg I'm not aware of any...
  4. S

2014 headlight replacement

can you take a picture of the actual front of the headlight showing the lens? I'm thinking based on what you posted, your daughter's car is a GT trim with the HIDs (since there is clearly a ballast) and the one you bought is probably not an HID replacement but just a halogen one. It's more...
  5. S

GT-R (turbo) vs. Hybrid CR-V ??

Local dealer just got a Touring Hybrid in stock. I'm in FL so there should be ones near most people now. Alex on Autos just put this out as well that helps explain the system:
  6. S

You need to stop putting so much stock in what dealership employees are telling you. They have a surprising lack of knowledge, like the guy who told you it would have 20ish miles of EV range. I Iinked an article a page back and the same one that Sig cx-5 did from Honda corporate that said...
  7. S

Are you referring to speed or actual driving mileage? If you're easy on the accelerator you can accelerate up to full speed in EV only mode assuming you have enough battery. I've managed to keep it in EV mode for 1.5 miles before when I had an almost full charge in the battery from coming down a...
  8. S

The other thing I forgot to mention are things like the safety systems/infotainment of the Honda vs Mazda. First, the lane keeping system on the Honda is lightyears beyond the CX-5. It actually keeps you dead center in the lane and it's so good, as long as you aren't on a sharp curve, you can...
  9. S

I personally own a 2018 Accord Hybrid with 20k miles on it so I can give a bit of an opinion on the hybrid system. First off it operates much more like an EV due to the way the system is designed. There is no transmission in the traditional sense so in most situations the vehicle is powered by...
  10. S

https://hondanews.com/en-US/releases/2020-honda-cr-v-hybrid-arriving-at-dealerships-as-the-most-powerful-refined-and-fuel-efficient-cr-v-yet
  11. S

Car and Driver 10 Best 2020

For the 2019-2020 list they have the CX-5 as the best driving compact SUV but the CR-V as the best all around compact SUV. https://www.caranddriver.com/features/g27257734/best-suvs/
  12. S

Instrument panel reflection on windshield

The Windshield extends past the instrument cluster so some light in theory can be reflected if the angle of viewing is right. I've never had this happen in any car. How far back are you sitting OP?
  13. S

2019 CX-5 Diesel

They do also have Diesel :-) written across the windshield. The price is probably just bait to get someone in. Likely a ton of rebates you can*t actually qualify for.
  14. S

302hp RAV4

I'm not really sure. I'd like to replace the CX-5, but the wife drives it and she doesn't care about cars and is perfectly happy. I haven't been happy with the second gen CX-5 and wish I kept my first gen. My wife took the CX when her old lease was up and I went to an Accord Hybrid and while I...
  15. S

302hp RAV4

This is false. The Prime is sold in all 50 states. It's not as widely available as the regular Prius however and most of the inventory is concentrated on the west and east coasts, but a quick search shows 6 new Primes for sale within 100 miles of Dallas...
Back