Recent content by Secondtyme

1. S

What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

That piece of bent steel at the 1 o clock position in relation to the pinch bolt should be in the gap in the control arm, just FYI. I would suggest replacing the component as the internal threads are more than likely stripped/damaged. If it allowed the strut to slide through once i wouldnt...
  2. S

Holy Catastrophic Failure Batman!! Uhhh that's not supposed to do that. The number of things that have gone wrong there make me light headed. It looks like the pinch bolt on the bottom of the strut backed out and the strut slid all the way through the knuckle until it hit the axle. I hope...
  3. S

Ready made stereo

What he said. Mods please close this.
  4. S

Thanks Secondtyme, for the killer deal on the mats and stereo stuff! :D Absolutely my pleasure, glad it will continue to be used. That HU is solid gold in the 5, as good as my new car is i miss that Pioneer.
  5. S

Safe to buy a high mileage mazda 5?

Absolutely yes! With diligent routine maintenance a manual 5 with the 2.3 should go 300k no sweat. The trouble with these cars ISNT the motor, its all the cost cutting they did in the suspension. If the car clunks front, rear, or both get it on a lift and inspect the hard points before you...
  6. S

Mx-5 steering wheel

Secondary issue is airbag compatibility. Maybe that's a primary issue LOL Don't want to find out the hard way that the Miata bag won't work....
  7. S

Ready made stereo

Sale pending
  8. S

I see intake tuba! Get rid of that damned thing, you will be so glad you did...
  9. S

Rear end links and dampers story

Make sure you replace the upper shock mounts while replacing the shocks, they are readily available cheap insurance against future problems, and noises.
  10. S

Broke a shock tonite, and need the name of a part (upper shock mount?)

A word of caution/advise from someone who has been there. If you have broken a shock mount under pretty much any circumstance, you NEED to inspect, remove, and test your rear shocks. Those mounts don't just break for no reason folks, they have been excessively stressed if they are breaking...
  11. S

Ready made stereo

Price drop to 200 shipped to the lower 48 for ALL the stereo stuff. The mats are a big heavy PITA to ship so they are still 80 Shipped to the lower 48 Friday BUMP!
  12. S

Ready made stereo

Price drop to 225 shipped for all. Obo
  13. S

Removing glue residue left on aluminium rims

MEK ftw!! If its still there after a dose of that stuff it simply WILL NEVER COME OFF. But it is kinda toxic lol
  14. S

I have never heard of a dealer "including" winter or summer wheels and tires with a new car. I think its awesome they do that. Another product worth trying would be a Cosmoline remover... Good luck with it either way
  15. S

Goof-off, denatured alcohol, mineral spirits, gasoline. If none of those work its time to buy new wheels lol
Back