Recent content by Sandwichmaker

1. S

Heated rear view mirrors an option?

Kill me now. MazdaUsa now has a different presentation of the various trims here: https://www.mazdausa.com/vehicles/2021-cx-30/compare-vehicle-specs-and-trims and I can no longer find the heated power side mirrors in any trim description, turbo or not. Take a look for yourself under "Exterior...
  2. S

It seems we have the answer now for the U.S. market. According to mazdausa.com, heated side mirrors do come with the 2.5 Turbo and higher trims: Black dual folding, heated power side mirrors with integrated turn signals and memory function
  3. S

I agree the feature should be standard by now, but ... From the MazdaUsa website 2020 CX-5 Grand Touring (Exterior Features) Body-colored heated power side mirrors with LED turn signal indicators 2020 CX-30 Premium (Exterior Features) Body-colored folding, power side mirrors with...
  4. S

I see the same "Mirror Defogger (Some Models)" language in an online .pdf version of the manual from the mazdausa.com site. This manual seems to apply to U.S. and Canada both. So far, I've not seen the feature listed on Mazda's site, on a dealer's site, or on either of two Premium trim window...
  5. S

2021 CX-30 2.5 S. 2021 model year differences?

Cylinder deactivation appears to have been deleted in the CX-30 Premium for 2021. This 1-mpg gas saving feature had serious early problems due to incorrect software controlling that feature. Worst case, you could lose power on the highway, with possible engine damage. A software update was...
  6. S

CX-30 top IIHS safety pick

It took me a bit to understand glare as light from the headlights that does not stay within a prescribed pattern, such that it could annoy oncoming drivers, or perhaps those you are following. Sorry to see they missed this on the adaptive headlights.
  7. S

And now heated mirrors do not appear to be available on 2021 models in the U.S. either. U.S. marketing department hates us. Rumors say there will be three new 2021 CX-30 trims with turbo. None with heated mirrors. Heated steering wheel on the top two of those three trims. Don't quote me, though.
  8. S

Rear window washer pump noise

I just used the rear window washer for the first time on my 2017 while trying various un-tried features before my warranty expires. The washer fluid does indeed run straight down the window in what looks like a half inch stream rather than spray. The dispensing end is not visible because it's...
  9. S

2017~2024 Milky Film in Headlights - But in a 2017 GT

It took a few weeks to get both headlights, and a couple more weeks to get an appointment where I could wait for the vehicle rather than leave it for the day. Both headlights are looking good so far, though I haven't done a lot of night driving yet. No film on these - they are crystal clear like...
  10. S

Sorry for reviving this old thread. I finally got around to having the dealer look at the headlights with the milky film. The service manager took pix and said he would contact district Mazda for warranty repair approval. Two weeks went by. The dealer service manager called and said Mazda was...
  11. S

2017 CX-5 Phone Mount Options

This Xvidia unit is interesting because it's the first device I've seen which claims both magnetic attachment using a plate/card that fits between the your case and phone, AND support of wireless charging at the same time. The problem I've had in the past with that configuration is excessive...
  12. S

You're asking a lot if you also want your phone at a good viewing position. The device noted in Post 106 seems to meet your restrictions, except that the hazard light switch is obscured by the phone. It's easy to remove the phone from the mount, however, should you ever need to use the hazard...
  13. S

I agree with you that this mount puts your phone in the right place. Question: Does this attach with adhesive tape? Have you given any thought to how you would remove it? Though no claim is made, this should fit the 2017 CX-5, the only difference being there are no flow adjust wheels to fit...
  14. S

What do you do to protect the chrome on the nose of your car?

I would keep it waxed, and clean off bugs with a detailer spray after longer drives in bug season. They should come off of a waxed surface fairly easily. Don't let em sit on your car paint or chrome.
  15. S

Sorry for the delay. Not the best pix, but note the milky haze and irregular "trail" through it. It's not moisture. I've not been over to the dealer yet. Applicable TSB's for 2013-2016 model year are 09-014-16-3132A and 09-014/16, although I don't have the complete TSBs in front of me.
Back