Recent content by SA Bill

1. S

2013~2016 Need some advice - Liftgate and Front Passenger Door

No emergency release. There is a smallish square plastic cover on the inside plastic liftgate panel that you can pop off and then use a screwdriver to manually release the latch inside the liftgate.
  2. S

2014 CX-5 Touring - Towing Smallest U-Haul Trailer

Post tow trip report: Ended up with a 5' X 8' trailer to have a bigger loading door and a little more carrying capacity. That trailer weighs 900 pounds and we loaded about 400 pounds in it and another 100 pounds in my car. I was the only person (166 pounds) in the car. The trailer bounced...
  3. S

Lying Dealer Service Department

Vibration is gone! Could have been the lug nuts were too tight because the tech who did the balance today said that the wheels were not that much out of balance. I'll loosen and then retighten the lugs tonight to be sure. Bill
  4. S

Oh...on top of lying to me about the oil level, the car now has a pretty bad vibration that wasn't there before they worked on it. Maybe a wheel weight got knocked off? Hoping that that's all it is. Will have the wheels balanced tomorrow and hopefully that will solve the vibration. If it...
  5. S

Yeah...I just really hate being lied to. I'll find somewhere else to have service done. Chris_Top_Her: Yes. I'll leave it at that. Bill
  6. S

Had the brakes on my 2014 Touring worked on today by the dealer. They definitely needed to be done and the easiest...not the cheapest I'm sure...way at this point was to have the dealer do them. Car was picked up at my house...that was nice...and taken to the dealer. Service Advisor called to...
  7. S

Thx the feedback everyone! I'll take it all under consideration. Bottom line: I'm fairly confident that I'll be fine with the light load and "short" 400 mile drive. 400 miles in Texas is semi-short. 🙂 I'll be going from sea level to 653' in elevation so not a huge uphill issue. Just going to...
  8. S

ColtX-5: Thx for ur input and the videos. I had seen the 1st one and the 2nd one scares me. Gotta mentally rehearse "Foot off the gas! Don't brake!" Will load what little heavy stuff toward the front of the trailer for sure. CX_FIVER: Yeah...moving crib and play stuff...too bulky to go in the...
  9. S

murky: I'm assuming that the trailer will not have brakes so understood about driving conservatively. I'll let them lead and I'll poke along at 55-60 mph. yrwei52: Actually, this may be the first step to my wife and I moving up that way too. Retiring fully this year and all of the family is up...
  10. S

yrwei52: If I read the manual correctly, the limit for my '14 2.5L is 2000 pounds. I used to tow a pop up camper (with another much bigger vehicle) so I tend to drive very gently when towing. BTW...we're heading to Fort Worth so will be up in your neck of Texas. erhayes: Agreed! Bill
  11. S

Moving daughter and grandbaby 400 miles next week. They'll be in their car and I'll follow them by myself in my CX-5. For now it's just clothes and lightweight stuff going with them. Household items will be moved later by a moving company. Thinking about using the smallest U-Haul trailer (4' X...
  12. S

Optima Battery Fitment - 2014 CX-5 Touring

I figured the same...local delivery from local store. But the battery I got, next day delivery, was from out of state. Sorry, don't remember where it was shipped from. And being AGM it didn't have any leakage. The box the battery came in was well padded on all sides by thick cardboard pads and...
  13. S

2017~2024 CX-5 H&R or Eibach lowering springs?

I went with H&R lowering springs on my 2014 Touring. Kept the OEM struts. Been fine with the way the car rides/handles but I prefer a slightly firmer ride and I don't autocross or anything like that...just spirited driving once in a while. No knocks or thunks. I'm fine with the look and the ride...
  14. S

Sooooo...new battery was to be delivered yesterday. Went someplace yesterday morning and car would not start when I was ready to go back home. Pushed my luck a little too far. Luckily I had a jump starter in the car so I was able to jump and get home. Waited for new battery and it arrived after...
  15. S

I guess I decided...just ordered an Optima Red with free home delivery tomorrow. Hoping it does at least as well as the current battery. Also ordered a spacer to raise the battery height. Ordered directly from Odyssey for $2.08 USD. Even with the $10.00 USD shipping that's cheaper than Amazon...
Back