Recent content by rsanz85

1. R

What have you done to your Miata today?

I don't have nor do I know how to polish...it needs it, though. Even after clay there were several contaminants still present in the paint visible to the naked eye.
  2. R

Was not today, but last Sunday did a whole wash, clay, and wax. Was the first since purchasing back in March. Chemical Guys wash with foam gun, Meguiars clay, Turtle Wax Seal & Shine. Photo taken before the clay and wax:
  3. IMG_20200517_114538 (1).jpg

IMG_20200517_114538 (1).jpg

4. R

Very basic upgrade today: changed out the OEM incandescent dome and trunk lights for LEDs. Seems trivial but a is a nice upgrade!
  5. R

New Owner - 2019 RF Club

Yes, I'll do benign cosmetic mods and things like that. Unlikely that I'll do any power mods for the time being since I'm still learning how to drive it. I've already installed the Cravenspeed Stubby antenna and Flyin' Miata smoked corner markers (visible in the 3rd photo above), and have the...
  6. R

New Owner - 2019 RF Club

I haven't done any coatings yet. I am looking to get PPF for the full front end but it's tough to get any quotes right now with the current state of affairs with COVID. BBS/Brembo package includes the appearance package front, side, and rear underbody spoilers as well as the top rear trunk lid...
  7. R

New Owner - 2019 RF Club

Hi all, I'm a recently new owner (purchased a couple weeks ago). I'm new to Miatas and new to manual transmissions altogether, but I'm having a great time learning the ropes. Here are a few photos of the new member of the family: On purchase day: After the white knuckle drive home (from...
  8. IMG_20200330_150715.jpg

IMG_20200330_150715.jpg

9. IMG_20200314_123326.jpg

IMG_20200314_123326.jpg

10. IMG_20200306_153859_purchase day.jpg

IMG_20200306_153859_purchase day.jpg

11. R

Poll Who has a CX-5 and a Miata?

No glamour shots yet as I have yet to pick up the car, but here's just a quick pic that the salesman took of me and the car after signing the papers.
  12. R

Well I'm now the proud owner of a new Soul Red 2019 MX-5 RF Club with BBS/Brembo package. I was in the market for a few months, and finally pulled the trigger last Friday. I couldn't pass up the deal that this not-so-local dealer was offering. I don't know how to drive stick...so I better...
  13. R

I daily a 2016 CX-5. I like it so much that it's brought me to seriously considering buying an ND2 as a 3rd car. Our other car is a minivan (young family of 4). I would probably daily the Miata in Spring through Fall, and go back to the CX-5 during the typically mild-but-wet D.C. winters. I...
  14. R

SSP A6 Passenger Frontal Air Bag Concern

I do not use any products on the soft plastic on the interior. If you go to Medcenter Mazda and look up the trim piece, they describe the problem: http://www.mazdaparts.org/mazda-cx5-audio-plate.html "Is the cover peeling off the edges on your 2016 Mazda CX-5 Audio Panel? If so replace it...
  15. R

SSP A6 Passenger Frontal Air Bag Concern

I got this mailer as well. It says, underlined, right in the first paragraph: If you are a recipient of this notice, your vehicle is included in Special Service Program (SSP) A6. I'll take it in, since this is a safety issue. I also have a recall on the tailgate, so I wouldhave liked to have...
Back