Recent content by rockethead26

1. rockethead26

After 15 months of ownership my only complaint

My garage door is programmed into the far left button. I don't even look. I reach up to the botom frame of the mirror and run my finger left to right along the smooth frame until I feel a button. I get it 100% of the time. If I had a second door programmed, I'm sure I could feel where the second...
  2. rockethead26

2021 Mazda CX-5: Car and Driver 10Best

A deserving choice!
  3. rockethead26

Another bad camera rant thread

I just spent a week in a cabin just outside Zion NP and I had to back down a 60-70 foot curved gravel driveway once or twice a day. My '19 GT-R's camera has no trajectory lines and I had absolutely no problem navigating the driveway from the very first time. I don't understand what info the...
  4. rockethead26

Why does the brake pedal stick out so much?

Well actually, it does help. Getting your seat a little farther back and a little lower allows the leg to straighten out a bit and provides for more ankle flex to be able to lift your toe higher to pivot and clear the brake pedal easier.
  5. rockethead26

Cabin air filter

I just changed mine for the first time this past weekend. I used these carbon filters from Amazon, 3 for $17.45 Prime. Fit perfectly.
  6. rockethead26

What have you done to your CX-5 today?

I slaved for 2 1/2 minutes to change out the cabin filter. Whew, I'm tired.
  7. rockethead26

Guide: How To Disable Daytime Running Lights (instructions)

Same here. Works for me!
  8. rockethead26

'19 CX-5 Sig - Pros and Cons after 1yr of Owning first Mazda

If you haven't adjusted the contrast and saturation in the camera settings, the backup camera's image can be made better than with the stock settings.
  9. rockethead26

'19 CX-5 Sig - Pros and Cons after 1yr of Owning first Mazda

I have a '19 GT-R but only have 4000 miles on it in 11 months. I have the Soul Red and it has the same issues with small stone nicks. Otherwise it's been perfect, no issues, not enough drive time for the leather driver seat to show wear. I also have no issues with the backup camera resolution...
  10. rockethead26

CX-5 Accessory Must haves?

Yep, first time I've ever had to buy one.
  11. rockethead26

Low mileage on a car I've had for 10 months. Needed to be done in 2 more months anyway. I always get my first oil change done a bit early.
  12. rockethead26

I have the 2.5L turbo. My manual states this: SKYACTIV-G 2.5T Use SAE 5W-30 engine oil. Mazda Genuine Oil is used in your Mazda vehicle. Mazda Genuine 5W-30 Oil is required to achieve optimum fuel economy.