Recent content by RobertWK

1. R

Clutch Pedal is rough and clunky

Did it stop the pedal click?
  2. R

Transmission details

Last semester, in my design course, we had to model a reducer on paper/in spreadsheets and I was wondering if anyone knew what kinds of gears are in the transmission and their details (size, type, pitch, teeth, etc.). It's kind of a for-funsies thing I'd like to do.
  3. R

Any word?
  4. R

Valves ticking?

I totally forgot to post this when it happened, but a little bit ago I had my spark plugs changed and I noticed that there was some ticking which was reported to be the valves opening and closing. Is there a valve cleaner I should try, or is it more involved where the head would need to come off?
  5. R

AN7's Mazda2 1.5 Turbo - Build Log -

I saw the video you posted before. I can only imagine she takes off a bit like a rocket.
  6. R

flatlander937's Mazda2 build - SCCA STF / NASA NXF

I'm going to miss the blue painter's tape.
  7. R

Bluetooth OBD readers?

Does anyone use one? I'm looking to get one but there are literally tens of different readers out there. I'd like to collect data over time by using torque.
  8. R

Also, do you notice that your clutch actually gets a little tougher to press as you drive?
  9. R

Interesting. What could possibly be happening inside the housing?
  10. R

Did you decipher the source of the clicking?
  11. R

http://www.rx8club.com/race-roots-134/clutch-pedal-issues-solutions-explanations-194975/ From the RX8 guys. I hope it's not the same case.
  12. R

I can't tell if it's coming from the larger plunger, or from the little white one? Also when mine does it, it happens before the entire clutch is depressed fully in. Is that the same? I'm having a hard time hearing the audio in the video.
  13. R

I think it needs to be braced somehow, but I'm not sure if the entire assembly isn't aligned, or if the pedal is loose enough to tilt around while everything else is firm. If you have time, can you take pictures, investigate the area?
  14. R

I'm back in a 2!!! (sort of)

Ever since somebody said it looks like a large-mouth Bass, I can't stop thinking that when I see it. :(
  15. R

2 stick shift knob hardware?

I'm thinking of collaborating with a coworker who can turn stuff on a lathe to make an acrylic shift knob, and then have it engraved with the pattern on it.
Back