Recent content by RedBaron

1. RedBaron

ANDROID AUTO™ / WIRELESS APPLE CARPLAY™ INTEGRATION - both wireless???

Yes, it's wireless too. It's what I use and works very well and reliably with my Samsung G23+. One thing to note, you can switch between the car electronics (Entertainment/Nav etc) and AA by pressing and holding the 'Home' button for a couple of seconds. Not intuitively obvious without delving...
  2. RedBaron

New EU08 10022 Mazda Connect Update

Click on his name (ASH8) to the left of the first post, then click "Start Conversation"
  3. RedBaron

New EU08 10022 Mazda Connect Update

Why is it that so many people cannot read the threads they respond to for these updates? See the first post - you need to message him directly!
  4. RedBaron

Android Auto disappeared after firmware upgrade (2017 CX-5)

No, my 2019 has it (cable-connect only)
  5. RedBaron

Mazda is advertising CX-5 models without Cylinder Deactivation and i-stop

OK, I'm confused. Our 2019 CX-5 does have an M in the 8th digit position, so it has CDA. But it does NOT have i-stop, which from your statement says that it doesn't have CDA. Was that a typo?
  6. RedBaron

License plate shenanigans...

No, Maryland. Otherwise, the dealer and service center are both pretty good, so I just took it on the chin.
  7. RedBaron

License plate shenanigans...

I had EXACTLY the same issue with my CX-50! Salesman blamed the delivery prep guys. AGGH!!
  8. RedBaron

2023 CX-5 Rear accessory socket always powered on - question

No, the sockets are wired directly to the fuse box. This may be a difference between country-specific builds(?) In any case @sloniupl, it should be possible to rewire/jumper inside the fuse box to source an always-on supply for the socket. I did this in our 2014 CX-5, but the opposite way...
  9. RedBaron

Unidentified part in CX-5 fuse box

I'm guessing it's a power adapter for the Dashcam.
  10. RedBaron

Fortin EVO-ONE Remote Starter - Install How-to Posted for CX-50

The Fortin EVO-ONE Remote Starter is now available for the CX-50. I just posted an install how-to: Fortin EVO-ONE Aftermarket Remote Starter Installation & Config How-to This device has the following advantages over the Mazda Connect app: Works from the factory remote (configurable to press...
  11. RedBaron

Worst Accessery Purchase

Heh! Every Mazda SUV I've bought (now 3), I've wanted to get a cargo cover for "just because". Each time I decide against the expense, wondering why/when I'd actually use it. I still mull it over, but haven't got one yet :)
  12. RedBaron

Brake pedal stuck after start up attempts (2016 CX-5)

Well, you have me there :) (In my defense, I was thinking of my other car, a manual, where you depress the clutch to start :/ )
  13. RedBaron

Brake pedal stuck after start up attempts (2016 CX-5)

I'm guessing a brake booster vacuum leak. Try revving the engine a bit before trying the brakes.
  14. RedBaron

2018 CX-5 - Warning lights on dash

How did you get "need system update" from that? You need to take it back to the dealer and have them diagnose and fix it.
  15. RedBaron

The Never-ending Question...What happens to the CX-5 Next Year (2025)?

Not sure I understand the term "quality" here. I admit that the turn signal chimes are weird, seats are fine IMO (wife actually likes the CX-50 seats more than her CX-5). Seat belts, I don't understand. But chimes and such are software things that will likely be the same in all new Mazda...
Back