Recent content by Pitter

1. Pitter

2017~2024 CX-5 Sport Mode Driving issues?

I agree with Frosty. Climbing a long hill the car selects a taller gear and doesn't downshift as readily as you need it to requiring the pedal mashing to get power. Sport Mode keeps the engine "on cam" and ready to accelerate right now.
  2. Pitter

When does the CX-5 Rear axel engage?

Ok that's interesting. I have understood that it (my 2020) is essentially front wheel drive with the rear axel only providing drive when needed. Thank you for the reply.
  3. Pitter

When does the CX-5 Rear axel engage?

I'm curious to know when the rear axel engages when starting up a steep incline. Also is there some sort of progressive engagement or is the engagement just on/off?
  4. Pitter

Dumb Camera Question (2020 CX-5)

Thank you both very much.
  5. Pitter

Dumb Camera Question (2020 CX-5)

Where is the camera on the rear of the car? Sometimes the image is foggy from dirt and I need to clean it.
  6. Pitter

CX-5 Self Healing Mirrors?

The other day I was driving on a two lane street in the city of Cali during rush hour. I was in the left lane and the right lane next to me was packed with motorcycles ("motos"). From a stop I moved forward as the traffic infront of me moved. Suddenly I heard a load "whack" and saw my passenger...
  7. Pitter

Worst Accessery Purchase

Well I'll have to try some rachet straps. Thanks for the video.
  8. Pitter

Worst Accessery Purchase

A fun video but you are not familiar with the Mazda accessory roof rack.
  9. Pitter

Worst Accessery Purchase

That I have made was the purchase of the roof cargo bars. As they are rounded at the ends there is no way to anchor a load such as 2x4s so that it can't slide from side to side. A useless design that I unfortunaetly didm't analyze before purchase. Big waste of money!
  10. Pitter

Intermittent power from USB port (2020 CX-5)

I used the Johnsen's and looks like it worked. Never lost connection on a ride including bummpy terrain. Thanks so much Ranman57!
  11. Pitter

Thank you both. Deoxit isn't available where I am but there is a Silicone spray. Would that help? Or there is a product here called Johnsen's Electronic Cleaner. What about that? Yes I have tried multiple cords but the problem persists so they don't seem to be at fault.
  12. Pitter

Something must be loose. The power delivered to the dedicated cel phone recepticle in the center console is intermittent and much affected by bumpy roads. I don't use it that often to charge my phone but I do like to use it with WAZE. Unfortunately the system sort of toggles between connected...
  13. Pitter

CX-5 Signature Vs Audi Q3

Thank you very much for that. No I'm not looking to change vehicles but I was curious as I see Qs on the road here. You've certainly answered my question regarding what the Q5 has over the Signature which is what I was looking for.
  14. Pitter

Thank you very much for the replies. With the problems reported with the Q5 in the US I can't imagine the horrors of ownership here in Colombia. I thought there must be some significant advantages with the Q5 taking into account a big price difference but evidently not. Glad I have my Signature.
  15. Pitter

Wondering is the 2020 Signature might be comparable to the Audi Q3. I see there are many versions of the Q3 in different countries but my query is limited to Colombia where the hottest version probably isn't sold. So I am wondering, if comparison is legitiimate what the Q3 might have over the...
Back