Recent content by pbesong

1. P

Dashboard brake lights all lit up and flashing red/orange

my 2016 CX-5 has been giving me the flashing brake lights. I found I could turn them off by resetting the parking brake. you do this by putting the parking brake into "maintenance mode" which is a process that electronically backs off the piston so the rear brakes can be serviced. after putting...
  2. P

CX-5 Parking brake malfunction

Hey folks, I just had this problem this morning on my 2016 CX5 with 65k miles on it. It's been working fine and I never use the parking brake, but this morning as I was driving away I saw my red brake warning light flashing, my orange parking brake light steady on on the gauge, and my parking...
  3. P

Serpentine belt broke while driving

I got my car back from the mechanic the other day and he said he had no idea why the belt broke. Must have just been defective or something. He said he put it on and drove it down the road and let it run for about an hour and it seemed fine. I'll just have to keep an eye on it i suppose. only...
  4. P

Serpentine belt broke while driving

my serpentine belt broke today on the way home from work. warning came on to pull over immediately. i parked it at the nearest gas station and popped the hood. could see the belt was missing but couldn't see where it went. I decided to drive it home (10 miles) and just took it straight to the...
  5. P

Can body panel above left rear bumper be DIY repaired?

oh that's helpful to know. thanks!
  6. P

Mine didn't. Where is that located?
  7. P

Yeah that looks fantastic, guyandbluemazda. I pushed mine out and you can't tell unless you look really close. I was able to reach in with my hand where the parking light or reflector whatever that is was displaced and push on the bumper from the inside and it popped right out. There's a...
  8. P

Wiper replacement on 2016 CX5

i think i'm going to take it back and get a different set. i don't like the looks of these if that's the way they're supposed to look. Seems like they'd get all iced up pretty quick.
  9. P

Wiper replacement on 2016 CX5

My passenger side blade ripped in this last snow storm and I was going to replace them. I got these Peak wiper replacements, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get them installed. Looks like I need to somehow detach the 3-piece plastic shroud on the original blades and put them on...
  10. P

Can't get the rear brake piston to compress! 2016 CX-5

hey guys, I just saw this on Pinterest and thought I'd pass it along. Seems like a pretty solid idea. Haven't tried it though. BTW, I did my front brake pads today and it was easy-peasy. took me about a half hour to do both sides. So look at this piston compression tool. You might even have one...
  11. P

the inner was pretty thin and the outer still had about 3/16 or so on it if i remember right. i didn't think that was out of the ordinary from what i've seen before on brake pads. the way the rotors were scored i was surprised i never heard any squeal out of them.
  12. P

I've never had my calipers replaced. Never had any symptoms that I noticed. Probably because I almost never used the EPB. Car is out of warranty now with 48k miles.
  13. P

i used aftermarket pads from AutoZone (WearEver brand) and put new rotors on (also Autozone, painted with 2 year warranty). My car is a grocery getter, not a race car so i don't spend money on racing parts. Never had any problem with aftermarkets. Had more problems with OEM than aftermarket to...
  14. P

Success! Was able to get back at it today. I had to take the EPB motor off the right rear caliper and turn it down and used the compression tool (got one at Walmart for $8 that worked well). I could not get it flush with the caliper for some reason though, and I'm worried that there might have...
  15. P

I don't think a large C-clamp is such a good idea since the EPB housing is made of plastic.
Back