Recent content by PaulZooms

1. PaulZooms

What to expect at 100K miles? 2013 CX-5

I had Brakes Plus do my rears about 60k miles. Pads only for $235 on sale IIRC. Not a squeak.
  2. PaulZooms

Is LKAS improved on the CX-90?

At least they offer the feature on one model now. Perhaps it will be added to lower trims in future years. I just don’t get why they limit such an important feature IMHO to the top of the line trim. Other brands include lane centering in all but the lowest stripper trim. The lack of it on all...
  3. PaulZooms

Is LKAS improved on the CX-90?

Does it now do lane centering like almost every other brand, or does it still react late to line approach causing the ping pong effect?
  4. PaulZooms

Which tire would you choose?

I wouldn’t buy tires from a dealer, period. I did once and learned the hard way. The 60k warrantied tires were down below 4/32nds at 40k miles. The dealer said ‘oh, well, contact the manufacturer to see what they’ll do.’ No thanks, life is too short to wrangle that bum steer. Since then, I buy...
  5. PaulZooms

2017 CX-5 Faint Whine Noise over speakers

I had a similar issue on a RAV4. Sounded exactly the same. The solution was to get a shielded USB to lightning cable. Totally eliminated the annoying whine.
  6. PaulZooms

Looking at buying used 2016 CX-5 Touring

Don’t believe the haters overblown bs. My 16.5 GT is pushing 70k miles. We recently had our first repair- replacement of the power seat wire harness for < $100. We recently completed several ‘mid-life’ services adding up to ~$1k: Transmission flush and fill, fuel injector cleaning and rear...
  7. PaulZooms

2013~2016 CX-5 Power Seat Slide Adjuster Motor…Small Cable Part #?

The drivers seat motor started screeching last week. Yesterday the cable (TK81-88-0D1) was replaced and it resolved the issue. $22 for the part, $51 for the labor and $9 for shop supplies. Mazda Extended Confidence service plan covered all but the supplies. First claim since Factory warranty...
  8. PaulZooms

CX-5 Half Year Updates?

2016.5 did.
  9. PaulZooms

What are your expectations for the CX-70?

I’m hoping for: - a design as sharp looking as the CX-90, - a width between the CX-60 & -90, and - a foot or so longer than the -60. - PHEV pricing $5k less than the -90, - with a few more miles of all-electric range - and light interior color choices like parchment or that nice brown on the...
  10. PaulZooms

Beast in the Snow

Ah, a fellow tire connoisseur! I manage the rubber for the 6-car family fleet. Newest experiment is putting Michelin CrossClimate2 tires on my Daughter’s Ioniq 5 AWD.
  11. PaulZooms

CX-60 Low Battery Risk (12v)

My e-bike has 5 ah!
  12. PaulZooms

2013~2016 i-Activ AWD CX-5 Impressed me in Northern MN

My CX-5 with DM-V2’s is an absolute tank in snow & ice.
  13. PaulZooms

2016 CX-5 Sport Infotainment resets time and preset radio stations randomly

Also, test the battery. Head unit is probably very sensitive to voltage drops. How old is the battery? Might be worth spending some $ to eliminate that as cause. I’m on my second replacement battery on my 16.6 GT.
  14. PaulZooms

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hope you and yours are well and together this holiday. I’m thankful for the Mods & Admins who make this site worth visiting every day! What are you thankful for?
  15. PaulZooms

What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Probably not. Encouraging concise writing is a good thing. The snark, not so much.
Back