Recent content by Paul-C

1. P

CX-5 Year, Mileage and Repairs

2015 GT with 129,200km Total cost since Aug 2014 is $75,437. This includes everything to do with the vehicle. Purchase price, gas, insurance, routine maintenance and all parts, etc. This works out to $0.58 per km or $7300 per year. I have been extremely happy with this vehicle. Under...
  2. P

Shut off TCS for a day!

Reporting back - so the return trip, with nearly the same conditions (a bit wetter) was not as good and took the average to 7.3 l/100km. That is very good but not remarkable or the best I've had which means the overall results are not conclusive - shutting TCS off doesn't matter. I'll leave it...
  3. P

Shut off TCS for a day!

Merry Christmas! This entire TCS topic intrigued me so I tried it yesterday on a 250km trip to the cottage. I ended up with the best mileage I ever had at 6.7 l/100km at this speed. Usually it's 7.1-7.5. This was entirely with cruise set at 95km except in small towns. It will be interesting...
  4. P

Do you use wheel locks?

It certainly will depend on where your location is with regard to how much of a deterrent these are. I ended up removing mine after a couple of years because it was more of a PITA when changing tires than I thought it was worth. Maybe as the vehicle and rims get older there is also less value...
  5. P

CX-5 Towing...Blew up transmission!

FWIW, I have a 2015 GT and have towed with it for years - 1500lb boat plus whatever 100 liters of fuel weighs so close to the 2000lb maximum. Also tow a covered trailer that weighs close to 1000lb empty, usually only have a few hundred pounds of whatever I'm carrying so that one is lighter...
  6. P

2021 CX-5 GT Reserve...Only some Contacts Import

Sorry this likely doesn't help you but might help others who see this title or search in the future. For those using a Samsung with Work/Personal side, your organization may block contacts from the Work side. My vehicle only imports the contacts from the personal side of the phone (there are...
  7. P

Pulstar Spark Plugs?

Installed these in March 2020 - 11,000km since and haven't seen any issues or change in mileage. NGK 94124 ILKAR7L11 Laser Iridium Spark Plug, Pack of 4NGK 94124 ILKAR7L11 Laser Iridium Spark Plug, Pack of 4 - $56 CAD. Tried to link but Amazon.ca says currently unavailabe.
  8. P

2014 CX-5 Touring - Towing Smallest U-Haul Trailer

Good day, I have the 2015 2.5l and just purchased a new 5x8 cargo trailer (similar to U-haul) to move stuff back and forth more easily. Prior to this I've towed a 1500lb boat package for 250km, many times with no issues at all. The tow limit is certainly 2000lbs in Canada without trailer...
  9. P

How long did your brake pads last?

80,000km for rear brakes, replaced with PartSource ProSeries ceramic pads (part # PSX1624, 116-2147-6) for about $70. I bought new rotors but old ones were ok so left them on. Front were done in October 2018 at 62,000km both pads and rotors (same make for pads but don't know if same part #).
  10. P

Rattle around door with high bass

Good day, What finally helped me figure out the issue was turning the bass all the way down (rattle went away) then turn it up (even one notch) made the rattle. As yrwei52 said, there was some type of TSB which Mazda Canada did not acknowledge or recognize. However, since you're still under...
  11. P

Left Doors Unlocked

Good day, Last discussed here: https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123856493-Autolock-not-always-locking Then before that here: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123856370-Alarm-issues-car-got-broken-into-can-you-help It is a known problem - unfortunately it happens...
  12. P

Warming up the engine on cold starts

When it is below -5 or so Celsius I wait 10 seconds then drive easy until the blue light turns off, -20 and below wait almost 30 seconds, otherwise I start and go - done this with all vehicles (although this only one with blue light)!
  13. P

DIY Brakes?

Good tip! When I did mine there was no indication anywhere to do this (not in box, instructions online, video). Thankfully, I had a retired mechanic "supervise" me the first time just to make sure I didn't screw it up and he told me to do this.
  14. P

Dash protectant

Thanks for the link, this stuff is so hard to find in Canada - I thought I purchased my first bottle from Amazon US but my purchase history doesn't show it. It is fantastic and does last a long time (5 years and lots left). I have now been using it on a boat and will need more.
  15. P

Must Admit as a Mazda CX5 Fan, 2019 Chevy Blazer Looks Awesome

Having previously owned a 1999 Chevy Blazer for 3 years and a 2002 model for 12 years - they were great for first 3-5 years. Year 5+ nothing but issues and the reason I am in a Mazda today. In year 1-3 I loved the vehicle and was happy with it - if someone gave me money to buy a vehicle I...
Back