Recent content by PatrickGSR94

1. PatrickGSR94

What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Gates belts along with the INA tensioner from RockAuto, shown in that post I made in 2021 along with the ATF drain and fill job.
  2. PatrickGSR94

I used zip ties on my water pump belt. Had to use like 2 or 3 of them IIRC because just one alone broke.
  3. PatrickGSR94

I went with LASFIT amber LED's for both front and rear on our 2014 CX5. They have built-in circuitry to prevent hyper flashing, and are extremely bright. Had them a couple years now. The only issue is that if you sit with the turn signal on for several minutes, they will heat up enough that I...
  4. PatrickGSR94

2014 CX-5 2.5L - Oil analysis shows coolant present

note my post #17 from before our summer vacation, did the compression test and it all tested perfect, and also found no combustion gasses present in the coolant.
  5. PatrickGSR94

Test came back, not so good, as shown in Oil Analysis Thread. Am now starting to consider bypassing the heater core temporarily, using Head Gasket Fix similar to DaveIndy's thread, then flushing it out after ~500 miles and also replacing the radiator at the same time. Will switch over to...
  6. PatrickGSR94

SkyActiv Oil Analysis Thread

Decided to try a different lab, got similar results. Time to weigh our options I guess.
  7. 1698086114925.png

1698086114925.png

8. PatrickGSR94

ugh, that's exactly what I want for our 2014 but literally NO ONE makes that type for the 1st gens. Hangs over the edge of the bumper, but does not extend up the sides. I have one now that extends up the sides and the curvature just will not conform to the bumper curvature. The adhesive tape...
  9. PatrickGSR94

hope it holds up for you. I've tried PETG 3D printed parts in cars, and they don't hold up to the heat on summer days. Always ends up warping.
  10. PatrickGSR94

So I procrastinated a bit, ended up going about 4,500 miles on that last oil fill. I changed it Saturday with my last stock of Mazda 0w-20 (plan to switch to Mobil1 5w-30 next), and also ordered an Amsoil oil test kit to send my used oil sample for analysis.
  11. PatrickGSR94

nope, I don't really know s*** about it I guess. I just think they're tacky, and cheaply made. But hey, that's just like, my opinion, man. :LOL:
  12. PatrickGSR94

I had those clear edge guards on a car in the 90's. The UV exposure turned them yellow after awhile. Not sure if 3M has improved the material since then. Likely not.
  13. PatrickGSR94

Switched to 5W-30 from 0W-20

lololol my parents had a 4-cylinder diesel Oldsmobile (I think) when I was a little kid in the 80's. That car was a massive POS :ROFLMAO:
  14. PatrickGSR94

what car takes that OEM drain bolt? Ours is black, with a flat round head, and takes a 8mm hex Allen wrench/socket.
  15. PatrickGSR94

that's weird, I thought motor oil had to be synthetic to be a 0w grade.
Back