Recent content by OTTDAVE

1. O

2021 CX-30 2.5 S. 2021 model year differences?

And yet the overall height is the same. I wonder what they moved in the undercarriage?
  2. O

Active Driving Display

Thanks. I was hoping it was something like that.
  3. O

Active Driving Display

I watched a YouTube comparison of the CX-30 and a Crosstrek. During the drive, the CX-30’s Active Driving Display was constantly flashing. Is this normal? I think it would drive me nuts. I’m planning to trade in my 2014 CX-5 GT on a CX-5 or CX-30 in the spring. I haven’t had a chance to drive...
  4. O

How To: Replace The Cabin Air Filter

Thanks. Great job.
  5. O

Rusty Rear Brake Drums

I'm also in a salt belt but I didn't expect that much rust after one winter. The dealer will replace them under warranty but what is the point. I think I will try wire brushing and brush on Tremclad rust paint. I will try to remember to report back in two years. haha
  6. O

Rusty Rear Brake Drums

Thanks guys. This will make the job a lot easier.
  7. O

Rusty Rear Brake Drums

My 2014 2 is 7 months old and drums are no longer black (rust). Looks crappy with the stock alloys. I would rather not have to remove the drums, so anybody had any luck painting the drums with heat resistant paint or zinc paint? I was thinking silver or grey might look good. Any previous...
  8. O

Questions about sway bars

How is the CS rear torsion bar in the winter, driving on snow? Or do most people take it off for the winter in snowy climes?
  9. O

First Mazda 2 - Stoked

Well done, keep up the good work. Couldn't have been easy but was worth it in the end.
  10. O

Audio display

Even with the rheostat cranked full on, does any one know how the brighten up the audio/time display?
  11. O

Trouble reading centre gauge

Has anyone come up with a solution to the lack of daytime backlight illumination on the centre gauge of the Mazda 2? (radio, time etc) The dash light control is turned full on. Sorry if this has already been covered but I couldn't find a post.
Back