Recent content by okvol

1. O

Rear Koni Yellow shocks

Sold!
  2. O

Rear Koni Yellow shocks

Less than 100 miles on these, and I'm including top hats. Here is the history: I used these for autocross and one track day. Too stiff for daily use for me, and have to be removed to adjust. So I normally ran CS rears set full soft. Then the accident. and my front Koni shocks are gone with the...
  3. O

What did you do to your Mazda2 today?

Well, I replaced my 2. It was a total loss. So I bought this: As the good book (by Douglas Adams) says: So long, and thanks for all the fish!
  4. O

Another driver ran a red light, and I hit her broadside. Popped the airbags on a 2014 Impala, none on my car. Basically, my 2 took out a much bigger car. Me and three passengers (adult males) were not injured, neither the was the driver of the other car. These cars will protect you well in a crash.
  5. O

<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="//imgur.com/a/LZ2h1/embed?background=f2f2f2&text=1a1a1a&link=4e76c9"></iframe> My car got shortened today. Waiting on insurance to determine repair/replace and confirm that it wasn't my fault.
  6. O

Mazda 2/Demio Fuel Economy Thread

Latest, just commuting to work. 60% limited access highway at 70+. 8.026 US gallons, 243.4 miles. 30.3 MPG.
  7. O

Clutch Cylinder Replacement

Yes, the master cylinder is inside, under the dash behind the top of the clutch. Mazda replaced my leaking one under warranty. I looked around, and you may have to get it from a dealer. I wonder if this is becoming a common problem that is leading to a shortage of parts. There is bleed valve on...
  8. O

Mazda 2/Demio Fuel Economy Thread

2014 Mazda 2 Sport American model 1.5L DOHC engine bone stock, 5MT transmission 205/50 15 tires on factory rims. 87 100% gasoline 259.2 miles on 8.78 gallons 100% highway: 25% at 80MPH, 25% at 75MPH, 50% at 65MPH (different route back). And, all in the same day.
  9. O

FYI: I pulled a front wheel yesterday, found no measurable wear on the brake pad. CS brakes will dust under heavy (aka road-race track) use, but hold up well. I measured the rotor at 240 degrees F. So, another track day next year for me I love this car.
  10. O

Rusty Rear Brake Drums

After eight hot laps at Hallet Speedway, (10 turns in 1.8 miles or 2.9K each lap), my rear drums measured 140 degrees Fahrenheit (60 C according to Google) after hard use. I would not expect hitting this temp on the street.
  11. O

We were sent out 5 cars at a time, well spaced out. Not racing, just seeing what we could do.
  12. O

Rear headrests are tough to move/borderline stuck

It does help significantly.
  13. O

I took my 2 out for a little drive in the country. (actually I did this two days ago, 5/11/2016.) This is the third run of four at Hallett Raceway Prep: CS rear bar, CS front brake pads, Koni yellow shocks full stiff, 205-50/15 Bridgestone RE71 tires, fresh Motul DOT5.1 brake fluid, . Stock...
  14. O

I changed my brake fluid from the factory DOT3 to Motul DOT5.1. This should raise the boiling point for my brake fluid in preparation for some runs at Hallett.
  15. O

Changing brake fluid

Thanks for the info. I'm going to use a vacuum pump to prevent the bubbles and pull the fluid through, but I will keep the split in mind.
Back