Recent content by MX693

1. M

Mirrors not folding completely

Well done! My twin replacements have worked fine for a year now. Hopefully they solved whatever glitch was there.
  2. M

2022 CX-5?

Turuth is people cross-shop the high-end badges…Merc, BMW, Audi,Porsche. Mazda has a very narrow window to get “premium” rather than “luxury” buyers. In fact, what is the “premium“ competition? I thought my Signature was premium lol.
  3. M

2022 CX-5?

Some auto reviewers are panning the new look. One said it’s the first time Mazda has gone backwards in its Kuro design. I was briefly admiring my Signature front end today thinking how much I prefer it to the new one.
  4. M

2022 CX-5?

The 2.5 Turbo in black would be a real stealth bomber, lol. Might consider it…just needs the black headliner.
  5. M

2022 CX-5?

Strange move. RDX introduced FWD option to increase sales when they originally had AWD only.
  6. M

2022 CX-5?

Like you, I have the 2019 Signature and don’t like the changes. Miss the fog lamps and the detailing across the front bumper ending in the fog lamps. Also the color match is trouble. As well as looking like I got a can of white spray paint from Walmart, it will show every shopping cart bump that...
  7. M

2022 CX-5?

It will be interesting to see if the camouflaged Mazda is the CX-50 or rumoured CX-7/70 (Japanese CX-8). Some observers think it’s a larger FWD-based vehicle.
  8. M

2022 CX-5?

I read that the 2022 CX-5 model line would divide into two. The lower level models would go for “rugged” and the upper levels, presumably GT and Signature would be “sport”. I’ve seen at least two photos of the 2022. One (as in my post #91) with very basic wheels and another with what seemed like...
  9. M

2022 CX-5?

Though minor changes, I don’t see this as a step forward in design. I hope the seats are wonderful, otherwise why bother.
  10. M

2022 CX-5?

It would be interesting to know how long this “refresh” is intended to hold the fort for the CX-5. Although not big changes, it’s unusual for a model at the end of its run to get any significant changes…maybe a new color etc. It’s possible that the rumor that that the CX-5 and CX-50 will run in...
  11. M

Has “Machine Grey” changed recently?

Thanks for the reply itsmik. I had a couple of serious enough bumper scratches that it required repainting. Luckily, the shop was excellent and I’m pleased with the result, especially comparing the bumper next to the metal. I know the manager was shocked at the complexity but they now have a...
  12. M

2022 CX-5?

But it may be more upscale in the interior etc. But BMW owners won’t be cross-shopping with a Mazda…they don’t do it now with Acura. Cuz it’s all about the badge.
  13. M

2022 CX-5?

Back in the day when I had my Mazda MX-6 (sometimes called the most beautiful coupe of the 1990s), Mazda was on the verge of launching it's new luxury division, "Amati" for 1994. But changing economics in Japan and the USA (costing GHW Bush the 1992 election) put an end to that. Too bad. It...
  14. M

2022 CX-5?

I agree completely. The current CX-5 is the perfect size for me and all motor sports reviews comment on its nimble handling. Maybe the rumoured CX-7/70 will give the extra space and size some people want but find the CX-9 too big.
  15. M

2022 CX-5?

But look at the YTD sales. The CX-3 is still 50% of CX-30. I’d never consider a CX-3 and like I said, my own dealership was surprised that it’s still around.