Recent content by murky

1. M

Extra brake job steps…

I do those things, although not removing all of the grease with brake cleaner, that's a good idea. I replace the brake fluid before any of this, then don't open bleeder while compressing caliper. Its new fluid in there before I start. It takes me a long time, but I only do it once or twice a...
  2. M

Mazda is advertising CX-5 models without Cylinder Deactivation and i-stop

Where's the 10% worse claim. Maybe I'll regret it, but I have a hard time mustering concern over the CD on my 2018. I enjoy watching the real time MPG go into coast mode. It's possible that if I were planning on keeping this car for 20+ years like my Acura, I'd feel a little differently.
  3. M

Now with the CX-70 "revealed", what is everyone buying?

That's what I'm hoping for. I don't care what they call it. CX-5, 50, 60, 70 or whatever else.
  4. M

Replaced CX-5 OEM Toyo Tires

Still have mine on my 2018, not driving enough since Covid. Maybe 55K total miles on the car but only on 2/3 of the time with original tires since I also have winter tires.
  5. M

The Never-ending Question...What happens to the CX-5 Next Year (2025)?

I'm waiting for a Plugin Hybrid with about the size and elegance of the 2nd gen CX-5. I was hoping the CX-70 would be close enough, but its way too big. Unfortunately rumor is that the CX-5 will just get a conventional hybrid :(. It would be great if the reason they made the CX-70 just a trim...
  6. M

SOS: Rear passenger brake on, CX-5 stuck

Did you take the actuator off and adjust it? How did it resolve? Sorry you had to go through that, sounds like a big hassle. I have to admit, when I read the title my first thought was, why does the rear passenger have a brake.
  7. M

Reason #1 and #2 why it's better to change your own oil Vs a dealer

that filter isn't anywhere close to having a restriction or bypass.
  8. M

Don't you still need a pan for the oil filter? I have a Fumoto, but don't use jack or ramps, and I drain the oil into a pan.
  9. M

Hardest part is cleanup and disposal. In other words, not hard.
  10. M

CX-70 debut information, pictures, discussion

I think its something like that, but probably related to capital costs and tooling for another model line with a bunch of unique parts. Here they get to re-use the manufacturing tooling from the CX-90. Perhaps something similar could be achieved if they made it like the CX-60, but that tooling...
  11. M

CX-70 debut information, pictures, discussion

Seems like Mazda promised a CX-70, but then decided they didn't have the budget or resources or something to actually develop it. So they just rebadged a CX-90 so they didn't have to cancel the model in the lineup. There's no way this is what they had in mind when they originally announced...
  12. M

CX-70 will have same exterior dimensions as CX-90

I don't like the scoops on the front of the CX-60, but otherwise that's pretty much the car I want. I'm mostly happy with the size of my CX-5 and definitely don't want something as big as a CX-90. I don't even need bigger than 60. But I really want the plugin hybrid and an added bonus would...
  13. M

At shop and looks like I need rear brakes for the CX-5, recommendations?

The Powerstops are advertised as low dust.
  14. M

Rotors are inexpensive. I would just replace them and not think about it again. I like the Powerstop plain rotors with the Z23 brake pads that don't come in a kit together. You might order these, the rotors I have and they are holding up great. Those come with the cheaper pads. $112...
  15. M

If the independent mechanic says he does, that's probably true. Make sure he knows how to get the rear brakes into service mode if you have the electric e-brake.
Back