Recent content by ms2000

1. M

Guide: Spin on oil filter conversion for Mazda3 (and Mazda5) 2.3L with pics

Thanks but what's the point? Is this a second oil filter? Need an intro.
  2. M

Guide: How to install Auxiliary AFT Cooler (2012-2013 Mazda5)

Amsoil is likely superior to Redline: <https://www.amsoil.com/p/oe-multi-vehicle-synthetic-automatic-transmission-fluid-otf/> Twice as expensive: <https://www.amsoil.com/p/signature-series-multi-vehicle-synthetic-automatic-transmission-fluid-atf/> Amsoil is the best. I am not at all connected...
  3. M

Buying a Mazda5 with 86k?

@Vasy, you are like veteran here whereas I am a novice. The process of adding the cooler is fun for you but worried if I might create new problems if I tried to do it! My question is what is the key benefit out of cooler - does it keep the temp down or it filters the oil? If its temp issue, I...
  4. M

I know the two alternatives from Valvoline (semi syn?) and Castrol (regular). Are there any study compare these fluids and recommend one? I watch Scotty Kilmer's channel - I don't know if he recommends OEM tranny fluid? There is also Amsoil - I am sure they have tranny fluid - the brand is...
  5. M

So which brand do u guys use for MAF and Coil pack? Is dealer part better than what you would find on RockAuto (RA)? Note: MAF sensor for my Acura is made by Denso but NGK is the popular product on RockAuto - I am puzzled.
  6. M

Pandemic and Engine oil change?

NorCal - San Fran You are recommending warm up the car before driving off? No prob. I have been driving monthly just for the sake of warming it. It makes no sense to drain the oil - in Sept 21, I will be on freeway driving 300-400 miles and back - almost a 1k miles. I want to get some use out...
  7. M

I live in California So can I reuse the oil filter if I were changing the oil? It prob has 300-600 miles on it.
  8. M

What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

Why are u replacing the Tranny filter? Because I asked the dealer again, they said they will drain & fill. No filter is replaced.
  9. M

Why? I bought mine with 85k and 2yrs ago. Had the dealer flushed. They had to flush twice to get the color right! Wondering what should be my next service? Drain & fill without changing the tranny filter?
  10. M

I changed engine oil a yr ago with Mobil Extended performance. I drive once a month just to maintain it, so I drove 300-600 miles only in the last 12 months I did not check engine oil color but will do so - I bet it looks brand new oil. Assuming engine oil color is not an issue, can I extend...
  11. M

Where did u get the Spoiler? Price? What is the advantage? What reasons to use Mazda3 16" 15.8lb wheels on M5? Benefits?
  12. M

Transmission service beyond 100k

Thanks @teetee1 I used Valv MV for PS. Because dealer did the flush, they used Mazda's. For the subsequent drain-fill, are you saying there are better fluids than Mazda's? I got this habit from using dealer Tranny oil as Honda Trannnys are notorious!
  13. M

Spark plug change interval!

Yeah the OE series (Laser) last longer 80-100k. Wonder where RockAuto come up with x4? Is Copper plugs supposed to be changed at 30k? Yes M5 OEM is by NGK.
  14. M

Spark plug change interval!

Do u guys think that I am on the right track with this? Scotty Kilmer recommends changing Sparks to prolong the Starter. I researched and found these: <https://www.thedrive.com/reviews/27526/best-spark-plugs> Copper every 30k Rock Auto says: x2 for Platinum -> 60k x3 for Double Plat -> 90k x4...
  15. M

Actually get a Revian chassis and put it under!