Recent content by Mr5ive

1. M

2013 CX-5 rear brake caliper replacement

The right rear caliper on my wife's 2013 CX-5 Touring seized after 110k miles and left the pads/rotor in a metal-on-metal state. I followed the excellent rear brake pad/rotor replacement guide at Paul's Travel Pictures for the majority of the procedure. I'm posting this thread to add some info...
  2. Mazda-CX-5-Rear-Disc-Brake-Pads-Replacement-Guide-008.jpg

Mazda-CX-5-Rear-Disc-Brake-Pads-Replacement-Guide-008.jpg

3. Mazda-CX-5-Rear-Disc-Brake-Pads-Replacement-Guide-006.jpg

Mazda-CX-5-Rear-Disc-Brake-Pads-Replacement-Guide-006.jpg

4. M

2013~2016 New-to-me 2013 CX-5 - Maintenance baseline

BMW is also pushing the "lifetime fluid" KoolAid. I've begrudgingly gone along with it for the two auto-trans BMWs I've had. I went as far as buying a new filter, magnets, gasket and ATF for a 740i that I bought with 115k miles. I ended up not doing it and sold it at 167k with no trans...
  5. M

2013~2016 New-to-me 2013 CX-5 - Maintenance baseline

After 13 1/2 years of owning manual trans Mazda5s, I just picked up a 2013 CX-5 AWD Touring with 90k miles. Although the car seems well cared for and the seller seemed honest, I don't have a real maintenance history on the car. I've read through many of the postings on here, and put together...
  6. M

2008 Mazda5 Touring - 5 SPEED MANUAL

Selling our 2008 Mazda5 Touring with manual transmission. The Basics: 2008 Mazda5. Silver with Black Cloth Interior. Touring Package (Leather steering wheel, glass moonroof, fog lights). 5-speed manual transmission. 120k miles. We bought this off lease from the original owner/lessee in...
  7. M

Sport, Touring or Grand Touring, how to tell

I bought it off lease in 2009. It was originally delivered to a US dealer. Mine (Jm1cr29l180302615) shows up as a "P." Here's a pic of the window sticker.
  8. M

Sport, Touring or Grand Touring, how to tell

One issue with the 2008 trim level doc: There are a few examples of 2008 Tourings with 5-speed manual. :)
  9. M

Mushy brake pedal (2006 Mazda5)

I just posted on a previous clutch bleeding thread. The Motive pressure bleeder that I have for my BMWs is a perfect fit on our '08 MZ5 brake/clutch fluid reservoir. If you can get your hands on one of these, bleeding is an easy one-person job.
  10. M

Mazda 5 manual - clutch bleeding

Bumping this up in case it helps anyone else. The clutch pedal on our 99k mile '08 MZ5 was staying on the floor, but would eventually come up after pumping the pedal. I've had a Motive pressure bleeder for my BMWs, but never thought to try fitting it on the Mazda brake/clutch reservoir. It...
  11. M

Power steering causes car to die

New battery did the trick. Took the 2-year old Duralast back to Autozone. They didn't bother to test it -- just gave me a new one for free.
  12. M

Thanks all. I'll be dropping the battery off to get tested -- and perhaps replaced under warranty. I'll post an update later.
  13. M

Our '08 MZ5 needed a jump the other morning, then wouldn't stay running. Today, I re-jumped it, and confirmed that the alternator is doing its job -- 14v across the terminals. When I went to take it for a spirited drive to deep charge, it died as soon as I turned the steering wheel and...
  14. M

New rear brake pads

The new pads (the bottom set in the picture below) are aftermarket Akebono Euro Ceramic pads. The top set of pads in the picture are the OE pads that I removed from the car. The inner OE pad (top right in the picture) does not attach to the piston. Instead, the spring holds the inner pad...
  15. M

New rear brake pads

Replaced the rear pads on my '08 5 this past weekend after an earlier aborted attempt. I ordered Akebono pads, which are the bottom pads in the picture below. I had read something about a revised "Type 2" pad design, but couldn't for the life of me figure out how to properly install the new...
Back