Recent content by mightymavkev

1. M

Occasional starting problem on new CX-9 2012

IT happens to me after a long drive when I stop to fill up. I had a code get thrown once because I used to fill the car up with the engine running and the code had to do with the pressure sensor on the fuel tank. The code cleared, but ever since then, when I stop after a long drive to fill...
  2. M

2011 CX-9 OEM Radio must remain in vehicle for A/C to work!

Thx nosbusa. but I think I wasn't clear. The option on the head unit to switch to the rear view camera is turned on. The issue is I can't find a signal wire on the car to connect to the kenwood's Reverse Sensor wire to trigger it to switch to the camera when I put the car in reverse. The...
  3. M

Sorry to post so late, but yes, everything is working great!!! I have had no problems with my setup at all since I got the Connects2 harness. The only thing I'm lacking is a reverse wire. The Connects2 harness I purchased included a wire for reverse but I hooked it to my Kenwood head unit...
  4. M

Has anyone else had his happen to their windows?

I bought mine last fall and this has happened at least a dozen times. It usually happens when I'm closing multiple windows at the same time and also when I was driving at a decent speed. Of course, neither of those situations may have anything at all to do with it, but those were things I...
  5. M

Windows are possessed

This has happened to me on 2 occasions so far with my 2012 Touring. Both times it happened after rolling up the driver's window. It rolls all the way, seats, and then immediately opens back to halfway. The first time I had to turn the car off and on again twice and then I closed it by only...
  6. M

Any difference between the 2011 and 2012 Head Unit?

Well, I know from mine and zThrizzle's experience, the Connects2 Harness from the UK works on the 2011 and 2012 to let the A/C keep working as well as allow control of Fader, Clock, and Trip Computer from the steering wheel controls. On all of the different sites where you order the Connects2...
  7. M

I've heard nothing but bad things about the OEM navigation unit. But I've not used it myself so I can't offer any opinion. I knew I was not going to attempt to buy it from the beginning so I never considered it. Even if I couldn't get my nav in there, I would have just used my TomTom app on...
  8. M

Installed aftermarket navigation and rear-view camera

Phone and Voice commands will not work with the Connects2 harness. This is because on the Mazda, these switches are connected to the Bluetooth unit in the car which is behind the glove box (on my 2012 anyway) and not to the OEM radio harness. From the research I did, the PAC steering wheel...
  9. M

Rear Hatch won't close with button or key fob

It does have a safety whereby if it senses anything blocking it, it will reverse automatically. Perhaps there is a slight bind in the hydrolic support that requires more force than it is willing to give to get it started? Do you feel any kind of catch at all when you push it closed manually -...
  10. M

UPDATE: Firmware was up to date. I ended up replacing the harness with the Connects2 one and that solved the problem. A/C works. Can change clock, adjust fader, and access trip computer info from steering wheel controls. No more OEM radio or T-Harness. For those with a 2011 or 2012 that...
  11. M

Mine is definitely different. It does not display any words at all in that section as I think they made it smaller. Here's a pic of mine: The section just right of the TIME is much shorter on mine than yours. I believe they did that maybe to make room for the Passenger Side AirBag...
  12. M

Update: New harness - things work!!!! OK, I ordered the Connects2 Harness. I ordered the MTHMZ03 harness. I ordered it from here: http://www.carstereos4u.co.uk/search/results/CTHMZ03 NOTE: It doesn't look like what they have pictured on their site. It actually looks exactly like...
  13. M

A/C on a 2011 CX9 Touring not blowing cool

I just bought a 2012 and had my A/C firmware checked this past Monday in the hopes that it would need the update and that might just make the A/C work without having to keep the OEM radio connected (I replaced the radio with my Kenwood navigation unit). I didn't need the update per the...
  14. M

CX 7, CX9 or what?

One other thing to note. The CX-7 is done. Not making it anymore. Nor the RX-8. You'll noticed on their web site that the year for both is 2011 while everything else is 2012. Replacing next year with the CX-5. I went looking for a CX-7 because I didn't "need" the 3 row seating of the...
  15. M

Auto headlights - Directed Electronics 545T Nite-Lite System

I'm not sure if anyone is watching this thread or not, but I purchased the 545T based on this posting and I've found the instructions don't match the pictures included here in your installation. For example, you say to run the relay BLUE and GREEN wires to chassis ground and there is no...
Back