Recent content by madar

1. M

2014 CX-5 Feels underpowered

Congrats on the mileage, I hope to be there someday. Check out the link for cleaning valves, might point you in the right direction. https://mazdas247.com/forum/t/cleaned-the-intake-valves-on-my-2013-cx-5.123880903/
  2. M

2019 CX-5 Brake questions

All the time. Usually by the time I change them the air vents are filled with rust anyway thanks to good ol' Pa winter road salt and brime.
  3. M

2016.5 CX-5 FWD: 60K mile service, all of these needed?

Prices are ridiculously high because everything is based on a labor rate of about $250/hour. It's that high because dealerships have a ridiculous amount of overhead in today's over inflated economy. Find yourself a reputable independent garage. No need to go back there for maintenance. Service...
  4. M

Looking for help identifying a part (2016 CX-5)

They come loose and fall off. Had it happen to me, I was lucky enough to fish it out of there. I reinstalled it and smothered it with silicon. I also have to shoot the hinges and strut pivot points with a silicon spray lube.
  5. M

Dealer $$ Cost CX-5

Exactly what I do, shop by email first and follow up on the good deals. You can tell yourself that anytime is a bad time to deal for any reason. Truth of the matter is they want to sell and will deal. Also had 15% off here AND rebate with Mazda loyalty incentive. Don't include the rebate as part...
  6. M

At my wits end... *May contain complaints 😉

I've had mine through two horrific snowstorms since I've had it. Temperature in the 20s and dropping, snow blowing around and dropping at over 2 inches per hour, 27 miles from work to home... Never got stuck and was going around people stuck on hills and traffic lights. You have to have the...
  7. M

Off Topic Automotive Technician's point of view

I thought this was pretty spot on to what I've seen years ago in the trade, and by the comments after the video there's a lot of agreement with what this young man said. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfevTLNjNIM
  8. M

2016 and up CX-5 Service Manual

Found this in the engine specs section. Apparently there's almost an extra quart of oil floating around in there. Just to show you can't drain all the oil out during a change. I didn't think it would be that much. Engine oil capacity [SKYACTIV-G 2.5] (approx. quantity) Oil replacement: 4.3 L...
  9. M

2014 Mazda CX-5 misfire

This first. I've gotten rid of quite a few misfire codes with a good cleaner, especially if you aren't using top tier gas. Easiest thing you could do. Techron is great stuff, so is Berryman B-12.
  10. M

2017 CX-5 Grand Touring Rear Tire Replacement

As some one else said, if they're over 6 years old then they're subject to dry rot and should all be replaced. GT AWD, I'm guessing you're running the 19 inchers in which case that's an average price.
  11. M

2015 CX-5 GT With Blown Head Gasket...Advice Needed

Sorry, didn't reference the right post. You adding 24 ounces of coolant in a six month period is over half a quart. The other things you could do or have done is a compression test and a cooling system pressure test.
  12. M

Anyone figure out how to touch-up Mazda 46V Soul Red Crystal Metallic?

I haven't found anything over the years that can touch up with this paint with just a small brush. Usually looks good in the sun but when the light changes the repair looks dark.
  13. M

That's over half a quart. Do you see oil floating in the antifreeze at the reservoir opening?
  14. M

So, let's say over the last 6 months, how much have you had to add to the reservoir? In the last 6 years I think I've added a coffee's cup worth.
  15. M

Compression test will give you a better idea if it's a head gasket around the cylinder area. It's a high compression engine so I'm guessing it's that.
Back