Recent content by macandal

1. M

2017~2024 Snow chains

I have Pirelli Cinturato P7 AS Plus2 225/55/R19.
  2. M

2017~2024 Snow chains

So, where exactly is it that the chains are supposed to clear?
  3. M

2017~2024 Snow chains

Dwight, never heard from Mazda USA or the dealer regarding this issue. I agree with you. I don't need snow tires, but I do want to carry some kind of traction device for those times when they are required.
  4. M

2017~2024 Snow chains

This notice came from the dealer, right? Did you contact Mazda USA about it. Because the dealer made me sign a similar notice, however, when I contacted Mazda USA about it, they didn't know anything about that and reassured me I could use chains. See Mazda USA's response here.
  5. M

2017~2024 Snow chains

Chains? Nothing. That's why I want to buy a pair to have them.
  6. M

2017~2024 Snow chains

Too late. I just got new tires this summer. Seems too much trouble to get a new set of tires exclusively for snowy conditions when I'll only use them a couple of times a year. Chains/Cables seems the better move here.
  7. M

2017~2024 Snow chains

The dealer made me sign a paper. I contacted Mazda and this was their (Mazda's) response: This came from Mazda USA.
  8. M

2017~2024 Snow chains

I live in San Francisco, not snow country. However, is close enough to snow country areas I'd like to visit.
  9. M

2017~2024 Snow chains

I replaced the Toyos and now have Pirelli Cinturato P7 AS Plus (225/55 R19). I also received a notice to use cables instead of chains (I had to sign a paper that I had been informed about this), but this appeared to have been a dealer issue because when I contacted Mazda, they did not know...
  10. M

2017~2024 Snow chains

I don't know what the statutes say, I just hear chains whenever some kind of traction is needed in snowy conditions.
  11. M

2017~2024 Snow chains

San Francisco, CA. While not needed here, sometimes when traveling to Lake Tahoe or Yosemite (two of my destinations), chains are required.
  12. M

2017~2024 Snow chains

What is the advantage of cables over chains? I'm in California and all I ever hear here is "chains" not cables.
  13. M

2017~2024 Snow chains

I'm in the market for snow chains. I have a 2018 CX-5 Touring (AWD). Can someone recommend good snow chains to get? Thank you.
  14. M

When will replacement be needed and about how much (tires and brakes)?

It's a combination of freeway and street driving. My commute to and from work takes me around 10 minutes (without or light traffic), it's under 5 miles. But I'd say it's mostly street driving.
Back