Recent content by LankyKiwi

1. L

What have you done to your P5 today?

Can confirm that Evo OZ / Enkei wheels do fit very nicely with a slight guard roll on the rear, especially if lowered. Bore is the same, Evo 5 (silver) wheels require square shouldered wheel nuts and washers. Both photos at stock ride height, 17" versions of both wheels
  2. 20180908_135825S.jpg

20180908_135825S.jpg

3. 20190209_151409.jpg

20190209_151409.jpg

4. L

Interior Body Repaint recommendations?

POR15 is a good choice, it's tough, converts any leftover rust and protects from abrasion well DO NOT get any on skin or clothes as it WILL NOT come off without the proper nasty solvent (Guess how I learnt that one!) Another option is regular spray paint, a good undercoat and then a top coat...
  5. L

LankyKiwi's Rally-flavored SP20

Very brief considered finding an 4WD version as they do come up for sale here, but they're a lot heavier and with no real benefits for what I wanted to do :) Plus the 4WD models are all high compression FS-ZE powered, which probably wouldn't like 9psi stuffed in it :D I think the floorpan and...
  6. L

Ticked over a fun milestone (Or would it be Kilometrestone?) on the weekend:
  7. GE-5a-raQAAgkkQ.jpg

GE-5a-raQAAgkkQ.jpg

8. L

Daaaaang, what a first car! The full family photo is going to be epic :)
  9. L

Fresh Sweet Donuts Everywhere! (work log)

Yeeeeeeah, that was an OH SHOOT moment involving a dirt road that was a bit rougher than expected :D No damage though!
  10. L

Fresh Sweet Donuts Everywhere! (work log)

Don't forget to clean out the front crossmember :D
  11. FvZf4j7aYAE4Lj9.jpg

FvZf4j7aYAE4Lj9.jpg

12. L

Violent Sound from Valve Cover Area (2003 Protege5)

I can't speak for the smog requirements, although removing the VICS was a fairly common mod back in the day The little bolts should be a metric fine pitch thread, possibly a M3 or M4. You miiiiiight have luck at your local mazda dealer, otherwise it might be time to hit the scrap yards...
  13. L

Cleaning car windows / glass

I've a funny feeling that after 20 years ( :O ) since the last post, advice on cleaning windows may be a bit too late :P
  14. L

Protege5 Dilemma

Ooof :( hopefully the lower radiator isn't damaged and radiator is ok? ( and of course hopefully no one was hurt) With a bit of luck the upper radiator support can be pulled straight and the damaged panels replaced 👍 You can drive the car without the intake as the all important filter housing...
  15. L

Another Protege5 thread

Well, that escalated quickly! Good luck with the rebuild, you got this!
Back