Recent content by laf

1. L

Buzzing sound 2023 CX-5

This seems to be related to the high pressure fuel pump. The vibration is getting through and into the cabin. Its normal but really annoying. Some people were able to resolve or greatly diminish the noise by adding insulation but I havent found any pics which show where it was added.
  2. L

Buzzing sound 2023 CX-5

Are you talking about that noise ? https://www.youtube.com/shorts/_q0wgk1uKTA
  3. L

Very faint high pitched "mosquito" sound

Up. Has anyone found a solution to it ? Temperature are dropping and the sound is coming back. I wonder what whats thats gonna sound like at -20C.
  4. L

Very faint high pitched "mosquito" sound

I have the exact same buzzing on my brand new 2022 sport design. Seems it hasn't been resolved on the 2022 model. I saw a thread on the mazdaforum.com where two owners were able to eliminate/reduce the noise by adding insulation to the bracket of the fuel line. Anyone here can confirm? Thanks
  5. L

Replacement for G91a tires

Everything is paved. They are done. The Mazda shop owner told me that most of his customers had these tires worn out with even less milage than mine. Mileage is not a big selling point, but less than 30k is not much.
  6. L

I would say they lasted 30000km at the most. I am interested in a good overall tire. Of course if its i a little "sporty" as well its good.
  7. L

Hi, I will have to change my tires soon as they are getting pretty worn. The g91a didnt last very long. What is a great replacement for a 2017 CX-5 awd. Thank you.
  8. L

What features do you miss from the car you traded for the CX5?

Coming from a 400hp wrx sti. I miss the power/handling/braking/sound. But I dont miss the problems that came with it. Money pit. And a cop magnet.
  9. L

Cx-5 2017 ac

Did a little test yesterday. Outside temp was 68 The air coming out of the central vent was oscillating between 37 and 41 fahrenheit.
  10. L

Cx-5 2017 ac

Sorry, I dont have the dual zone ac.
  11. L

Cx-5 2017 ac

Next time I go to the dealer, I will ask to borrow another 2017 to compare. Even a random passenger asked me if the ac was on last time. She didnt find it as cold as it should.
  12. L

Cx-5 2017 ac

Hi, I bought my cx-5 last year and I used the ac for te first time last week. Is it me or the Ac on this car is absolutely rubbish. Even at max it doesnt do a good job at all. I went to the dealer and they said that everything is ok. After 10-15 minutes with the ac on at max, you should be...
  13. L

What did you trade-in for your '17 or '18?

2006 Subaru Wrx Sti. Still miss that car a lot. Mostly the power (was aroung 400hp) .Would have kept it, but too many problems. What pissed me off when shopping around is how ridiculously underpowered are todays small suvs. Even the forester Xt is slow as hell.
  14. L

Vibration when car is cold (cx-5 2017)

I knew I wasnt crazy then. I am certain the car wasnt vibrating at around 0 degrees. Strange behavior.
  15. L

Vibration when car is cold (cx-5 2017)

They are still saying its related to the engine mounts.
Back