Recent content by KB24SD

1. K

Bye Mazda 2017 CX-5 Touring AWD

I didn't have time or tools to do this. This happened last Thursday while I was at work and went on my lunch break. I also was not going to make my 35 mile drive home with the problems I was having. Also if you see the youtube video I posted that's not something most people can do in their home...
  2. K

I never got a email, snail mail, or phone call call from the Mazda dealer I bought it from or from the other Mazda dealer who I had it serviced for the first 2 years about the recall and found out about it on a google search. I'm just glad I took action and was able to get rid of it without...
  3. K

Sorry and I forgot to mention a key issue that was diagnosed and found by my mechanic is that I had a engine misfire on 1 of the 4 cylinders. Basically this is very similar to my problem in this video:
  4. K

The first repair was fuel injection system related which they clean out very well before mechanic had to replace it. I picked up my car 2 days later and still had the engine shake & rumble issue while idle. Mechanic put in STP fuel injector cleaner and filled up the gas tank. Drove home that...
  5. K

Costco regular 87 octane unleaded
  6. K

I just got rid of my 2017 CX-5 AWD touring. After 67,000 miles check in engine light came on.Last Thursday my engine while idle either parked starting up or at stop light the engine would rumble and shake. My mechanic worked on it for 2 days and replaced fuel injection system 4 sparks plugs and...
  7. K

CX-5 Android Auto / Apple CarPlay

I downloaded and updated my Iphone X's to the latest version of IOS 13 Public Beta 7, IOS Dev Beta 8 is out but hasn't been released to the public yet. So far I love the updated look with the interface and especially with Music and album art showing up now while in now playing or apple...
  8. K

Tires

I just replaced my factory stock Yokohama Geolander G91As on my 2017 CX-5 AWD Touring trim. The size on my tires are the 225/65R17. I got 41K miles out of my factory stock Yoko tires. I researched online on tirerack.com and at my local Costco and Discount Tires shop. I was initially leaning...
  9. K

How many miles before you replaced your original tires?

Im in North County San Diego and I drive a lot for work. I got my CX-5 AWD touring at the end of December 2018 and had to get a set of new tires at 41K miles.
  10. K

New AA \ ACP Thread (with Poll)

All the warranty is Mazda saying: Yeah we will do the required firmware update because if another person tries to do it and messes up they can brick the info-tainment system. I went the route of getting it installed by a 3rd party car audio expert shop with a 5 star rating on yelp. Because I was...
  11. K

Got my kit delivered yesterday and paid $169 for it shipped off ebay from a authorized Mazda dealer. Did a search on yelp.com and found a independent 5 star rated car audio shop to have a pro install done for $75. In and out of the shop in a hour. Everything went smooth. Already had the...
  12. K

Here is my advice on how to purchase the OEM genuine retro fit kit and your options on getting it installed. First off DO NOT let your local Mazda dealer sweet talk you and swindle you from buying the retro fit upgrade kit and doing install from them unless your are some rich person with $$$ to...
  13. K

Just stopped by my local dealer today and had them update the Firmware to the latest 70.xxx which supports ACP/AA for free and got a car wash and was provided a loaner/courtesy Mazda 3 while I went back to work. Just ordered and will have the same OEM genuine parts retro fit kit off ebay for...
  14. K

Found this on youtube. Someone with a 2016 CX-5 has apple car play installed and working: https://youtu.be/JCRhbNNjblY I'm jealous and can't wait for the 20th to come already to get it for my 2017 CX-5. I've already been contacted by my preferred local dealer here in San Diego that they should...
  15. K

What did you pay for your CX-5?

For what model trim, color, packages
Back