Recent content by katmar

1. K

Installing A Dash Cam

If I remember correctly, I think there's a tab on the top of the plug that you need to press down as you grasp the wires and wiggle it out ;) Not 100% sure though...
  2. K

Installing A Dash Cam

Yup. The cord came with a Mini Plug end (which I used), but also included an adapter to make it Micro if needed :)
  3. K

Installing A Dash Cam

Yes. Final receipt said: 1 x #I01USB - USB 5v Invisicords (mini/micro, for GPS/Dashcams) (I01USB) = $29.20 Fuse Option Add Fuse Connector Type Micro (1/2 x 1/16) Re: voltage, the final output is 5v, but I'm not sure if that little box in the cord steps it down from 12v or if it's 5v at the mirror.
  4. K

Need Help: Considering 2016 CX-5 Purchase, Have Questions!!

I haven't noticed any shaking with either our 2013 or 2016.5 AFS lights.
  5. K

Need Help: Considering 2016 CX-5 Purchase, Have Questions!!

Along with the LED headlights, the Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS) is fantastic if you drive at night along twisty, rural roads. They swivel to point into turns, which is great for spotting deer and other wildlife at night. It's one of my favorite features.
  6. K

Installing A Dash Cam

I purchased the version with a fuse. Pictures attached :) This is a 2016.5.
  7. fullsizeoutput_a46.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_a46.jpeg

8. fullsizeoutput_a45.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_a45.jpeg

9. K

Installing A Dash Cam

Thank you for this thread! Just installed a Transcend DrivePro 200 in my 2016.5 GT using an Invisicord. Super easy. Works great! I bought the Micro (1/2 x 1/16) Connector version with a fuse. The little box on the cable already has mounting tape on it - a thoughtful touch! Just peel off the...
  10. K

So now we have two CX-5s!

It's apparently made by iDataLink, though I don't yet know which specific model it is.
  11. K

So now we have two CX-5s!

Still trying to find out ;) I shall report my findings as soon as I know. I've seen a few other threads around here mentioing third-party remote starts that us the three-button-presses sequence via the OEM remote, so it's apparently not as unusual as I thought. Crazy age to live in... I'm...
  12. K

Disable Honk Verification

I meant I have a third-party remote start, so I don't know if my lock-unlock-lock pattern to start the car will work with other brand remote starts. But it avoids the horn beeping for me without the need to disable the lock confirmation beep.
  13. K

2016 Mazda CX-5 - What do you not like?

Don't like the lack of a switched accessory port. Makes wiring up a dashcam a bit of a project. Odd they removed it, as our 2013 Touring has one.
  14. K

Disable Honk Verification

The dealer had a third-party install mine. With it, I can use the lock-unlock-lock sequence to start it, avoiding that horn beep ;) Maybe that'll work with yours too?
  15. K

Is latest CX-5 quieter and more HP than 2013?

We now have a 2013 and 2016.5. The 2016.5 has more power - and it is noticable, especially when combined with the automatic's Sport Mode. The 2016.5 also seems noticably quieter than our 2013, though it also has 45,000ish less miles on it :)
Back