Recent content by JTNY

1. J

OBDII Readers & Apps.....what do you use?

bumping this can you folks send a link of the specific OBDII readers you are using? there are quite a few on Amazon just wanted to know which one everyone prefers. Thanks!
  2. J

Brake job - recommend a good bleeding kit/pump

Did you depressed the brake pedal to get the oil out?
  3. J

Brake job - recommend a good bleeding kit/pump

Has anyone used a Motive pressure bleeder? i used it in the past of VW Jetta with great results but I need to get a new adaptor kit so that it can fit over the Mazda's brake reservoir. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002KM5L0/?tag=m20b7-20
  4. J

Installation of OE brake pad (what's with the 2 types of grease provided?

Opened up my brake pads and saw there was a black and brown color grease, the instructions are kinda vague regarding usage can someone kindly clarify where each grease is to be used?? Thanks
  5. J

Best site to buy OEM parts online?

Since I won't be replacing the brake pads anytime soon (5k miles/year) I may as well replace the rotors. Raysbestors rotors for $160 shipped from Amazon!
  6. J

Thanks all for the tips, I ended up going with parts.com and got the front/rear pads for about $63 and $52 respectively. I also picked up an OEM air filter/AC filter as well. Total out the door about $161. The differences in price between OEM and OEM-like products wasn't that great so I...
  7. J

thanks!!!
  8. J

I am not beholden to OEM pads, I guess my only concern was that I didn't want to be worried about aftermarket pads eating up my rotors. Do you know if the factory pads are ceramic or organic based pads?
  9. J

Anyone have a favorite place that they buy their OEM parts from? I am looking to replace my brake pads. Thanks!
  10. J

Michelin Premier LTX 225/55/19 in stores this June!!!

I personally would get the Michellin's if they became available at Costco. Tread rating aside, the free rotations , road hazard wararnty, and nitro refills make a Costco purchase more value added for me. If they had the Conti's i would get those for sure but no dealer around me offers the...
  11. J

Dealer overfilled oil

Well this past weekend I was able to siphon off about 1/2 quart of oil. I took a picture of it just as proof so that when I go back from my next oil change I can point that out to them. I don't think 1/2 quart will do too much damage but than again its this kind of stuff that makes me leery...
  12. J

Dealer overfilled oil

Certainly a valid point, I have a good relationship with the service guy and I would hope they own up to us. But you are right they can deny it was them ( which I would be very disappointed) and say I did it. maybe I'll just suck it out myself and next time check the level when I get the...
  13. J

Dealer overfilled oil

I checked the level about 10 minutes after driving into work. I have a vacuum pump that I can easily suck some of the oil out of but I want the dealer to document that they had overfilled it so in the event of some engine related issue I can have evidence that at one point in time the oil...
  14. J

Dealer overfilled oil

In the past I have not had any issues with the oil levels however today being a bit warmer I was able to check the level for the first time since my last change less than a month ago. I am about 1/4 " above the top hole on the dipstick. I am going back on Friday for them to check out...
  15. J

Mazda Care Warranty Pricing

Good point my biggest concern is the drivetrain which is indeed covered by the 5yr/60k warranty.
Back