Recent content by JoeCBKNY

1. J

2021 CX-5 Changing Favorites

Add me to this list. I actually went back to the dealer to ask what I was doing wrong. Rewind is kinda cool, if I wanted to . But I just want to change stations from the wheel like we did with our 2018 model.
  2. J

Red key light on after battery disconnect

Fixed. I tried it again, this time with both key fobs available . Last time was only one fob. All lights off and all is well.
  3. J

Red key light on after battery disconnect

HELP! I disconnected my battery to reset a check engine light ( due to my gas cap not being put back on ) . Check engine light is off, as I knew it would be. However, the red key light is on . The amber light on the start button is flashing as well. The car starts and both fobs are working the...
  4. J

2018 Mazda CX-5 jerky at low speeds

The CX-5 is always a gear too high in my opinion. When you are trying to accelerate from a low speed, you have to really give it the beans to get it to downshift , and then it feels fine. If it stays in the gear it was in, it feels very lazy. Not enough torque to pull from low rpm . This is my...
  5. J

Not an NVH issue , it is a surge, gentle bucking sensation. It is NOT driver induced, it is unavoidable when driving at a steady low speed. If you TOUCH the throttle at low speeds, without pressing hard enough to accelerate , the issue occurs. I find myself letting the car roll more than I would...
  6. J

Recall CSP02 Dealer installed AA today

Honestly it isnt as intuitive as the Mazda system . You can use the rotary to move up and down to get where you want. The more I am using it the easier it is getting. Love the google maps. LOVE being able to respond to text messages with only a touch of the wheel.
  7. J

My CX-5 does this as well. Steady , light throttle from a stop. Just enough to maintain 5mph or so, as if in slow traffic. Feels like surging or lurching. With regular acceleration it is fine. It does not like low speed traffic.
  8. J

Now that I have lived with it for a while, I must say I love it. I find myself asking google stupid questions while stuck in traffic..... Very happy I have it. It works pretty well, though it is a little buggy, or quirky .
  9. J

My 2018 was with me for 3 days when the dealer called me to let me know about the recall. I think it's only for the 18 models. At least the recall ( free ) part of it .
  10. J

Just used it for the first time . After using the google voice command the banner stays on top of the navigation, never goes away . Very annoying.
  11. J

Today my selling dealer installed Android Auto on my 2018 Mazda 3 for free . They performed recall CSP02 . After installing Android Auto on my phone I am good to go.
  12. J

2018 CX5 Lift Gate Glass defect ?

Hello, first post to this forum. My 2018 CX5 has developed a strange issue on the rear lift glass. I thought it was on the surface of the glass, and I would "wash" it off . After looking closely at it, it looks like the tint or some lamination is coming apart inside the glass. It is not on the...
  13. GLASS2.jpg

GLASS2.jpg

14. GLASS1.jpg

GLASS1.jpg

Back