Recent content by joeca

1. J

2021 Carbon looks like the sweet spot

No photos of CX5 Carbon so far but here is a 2020 Polymetal gray Mazda 3 with red leather that should give us a pretty good idea. I think it looks pretty darn good...
  2. J

it‘s 4K or more less than other turbo mOdels
  3. J

At $32,060 MSRP including the turbo, AWD, the Preferred Package, leather and 19" wheels, this seems like a pretty good deal. If you're man enough for the red leather interior, LOL. I love the Polymetal gray. I laughed at my brother when he leased a land Rover with red seats, but it's grown...
  4. J

Anyone consider a used Luxury SUV for the price of a new CX-5?

Hmm, thanks for pointing that out. I live in MI so that could be an issue, Is the CRV system crappy? Is the CX5 system superior to the 17/18 RDX? I drive a Tacoma double cab so Im used to a good 4WD system in snow
  5. J

Anyone consider a used Luxury SUV for the price of a new CX-5?

I'm considering a new or slightly used CX5 Turbo vs a 2017/18 Acura RDX CPO, right now. The RDX is not as much fun to drive but the interior is more upscale, and the RDX has a pretty great V6 279HP engine, which I think I prefer over the turbo for longevity, I keep cars a long time. The RDX...
  6. J

Winter is here and my CX-5 turbo is now a 2.0L!

I'm seeing the complaints beginning to pile up, sorry. Not trolling just observing: - less than comfortable seats - excessive paint chipping - crappy service at dealerships - losing power when its cold (never seen this ever, with any car)
  7. J

Winter is here and my CX-5 turbo is now a 2.0L!

This is a major deal killer for me.
  8. J

General consensus on the white color for the CX5

White is a GREAT Color! Good luck, Heidi
  9. J

CX-5 Trailer Hitch

That Australian hitch is sweet. It's $932.00 US dollars, plus probably a lot to ship.
  10. J

2019 CX5 GTR Maximum tongue weight for towing?

Thanks, 185lbs sounds about right. You would think it would be easy to search, I could not find anything specific about the US
  11. J

2019 CX5 GTR Maximum tongue weight for towing?

Does anyone know what the max is? I'm guessing like 200lbs.
  12. J

Talk me out of buying 16/17 CPO Lexus RX350 vs a new CX5 GT Reserve

Driving around at lunch and errands, and then on a long bike ride later, I observed 6 "cow catcher" styled RX 350's. All six were driven by women at least 65 years old. I'm not sure I can withstand being called "Gertrude" every time I pull into my best buddy's Ford dealership, by one of his...
  13. J

I drove both and like both for different reasons, ie, sporty fun and simple lay out versus luxury and comfort. I plan on driving whichever I decide on for at least 10 years. I'm concerned about the Mazda and the Turbo longevity
  14. J

I can get one of many with 20-30K miles, some even less than that. Lexus adds two years of warranty post the new car warranty, for a 2017, it could be up to 4 years from a purchase. I know the exterior looks are not great but they have grown on be a bit since they came out. It takes regular...
Back