Recent content by jjp735i

1. J

Good Bye CX-5

While I think Mazda builds a fine auto, it was just not us and I think that is what matters most.
  2. J

Good Bye CX-5

I did not post to start a pissing match on cars. Was just to say thanks. If one thing my dad taught me was to be happy. Jeeps are not terrible riding, loud gas guzzlers as you say. My Renegade is just as quiet as the Mazda and is way more fun to drive. It all boils down to what you like and...
  3. J

Good Bye CX-5

Just wanted to say this is a great board, even though I didn't post much, but I read many threads here. We decided to let the 2016 GT go to a more faithful owner. We both come to decision that the CX-5 was not to our taste. Replaced with a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. I'm not going to...
  4. J

Driving in snow

What do you think about this tire, not worried about losing some handling. https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=TerrainContact+A%2FT&partnum=555VR9TCATXL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes
  5. J

Driving in snow

I've lived in snow belt all my life and have gone through many winters with all season with no problems, It's just Mazda did not think on these Toyo tires, Terrible. It's a AWD and I agree the tires are terrible, worst set I've ever owned. They sucked new, even in wet conditions. I didn't...
  6. J

Driving in snow

I feel completely different. My 2016 GT with 19" stock tires sucks in the snow. Yeah I'm sure buying winter tires would help a lot, but even with the new stock tires I expected it to go better. Doesn't stop for crap even in 1" of snow. I have a Jeep Renegade TH and it plows through anything...
  7. J

2016 LED headlights

Well they going to replace my headlights because of staining on the inside. For the people that got new lights, did they fix the problem or will it show up again in a few months? Thanks, jjp
  8. J

Comparing my 2016 GT to my Jeep Renegade Trailhawk

The company is Fiat/Chrysler, so to say it's not a Jeep is BS. Lots of cars share platforms. This wasn't a thread to bash Jeeps or Mazda's. Just my opinion on which one I like better. I'm driving the Jeep again and am very happy. The Mazda is also staying, It is a much nicer highway cruiser and...
  9. J

It is a built at the Fiat plant, but it's still a Jeep, the Trailhawk has different front and rear bars and has different shocks and some other stuff to make it trial rated like a Jeep. You can see how it does if you search youtube. It is a bit different then your lower model Renegades. It also...
  10. J

I look at it this way, it's got the same warranty as the Mazda, Drive train is covered until 60,000 miles. It never bothered me to take a car in for service, either they shuttle me to work or give a loner to drive. I would prefer to drive what I like. I'm not saying it's the best car, it's...
  11. J

Well my sister has a 2012 Fiat 500 and has not one problem in the 4 year of ownership, my sister in law drives a Jeep Compass for the last 3 years and not one problem and my other sister in law drives a 3 year old Jeep Cherokee she loves it, not one problem. So based on personal connections to...
  12. J

I'm not to concerned about reliability, I think it will hold up fine. the 2.4 tigershark has been around for a while and just gets updates over the years. As for resale, another one I'm not to concerned about, I keep my cars 6-10 years so they are not worth much anyways after I'm done with them...
  13. J

So we just adding Jeep Trailhawk to the family. I have to say I'm impressed with Jeeps quality. Everything about it is nice. It has a nice ride, seats are very comfortable and was very easy to find a nice position. I'm back to driving the CX-5 because spouse likes the Jeep better :( ...
  14. J

2016 Factory LED Fog Lights

In my opinion, if they were an stand alone option, I would not get them. I think they are useless for bad weather, which most fog light are for. These are more of extra driving lights. I prefer my fog lights be yellow to penetrate snow, fog, etc...
Back