Recent content by Jet

1. J

Down to 3 tire options. Opinions Appreciated!

I have 5K miles on them and have not noticed any difference either way on MPG. The ride is good, even better in the snow.
  2. J

2.5 NA Cracked Cylinder Head with Oil leaking...How common is this?

No need, you'll smell the burning oil first then see it on the floor.
  3. J

Or could be a structure that helps with casting the part. Usually a cosmetic defect like that would be rejected unless it is on a side that is hidden from view. Assuming it is a cosmetic defect and other tests for the part been passed.
  4. J

I'm not familiar with the back of the engine, maybe you know what he is pointing to. Yes, I feel sorry for people that weren't covered. I looked up the price just for the cylinder head. it is $ 1.1K https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ltpk7bo9giz8ue/DCC07C43-E23A-483E-97CA-6D66F1C46E8A.mp4?dl=0
  5. J

It was somewhere in the back. It wasn't specific. I smell burning oil for about a week, but I could not find the source. I never had a car with engine issues. A cracked head was the last thing I would consider. then one day there were lots of oil on the garage floor. no light came on. I thought...
  6. screenshot_877.png

screenshot_877.png

7. J

Regular 2.5, Touring. I finally got it back today. It took them 2 weeks to get it fixed. They did offer me a loaner. Yes, the guy at the service desk said repairs would have not been covered if the car was over 60K miles.
  8. J

My cracked head was also in the back of the engine. My 2019 cx-5 engine has 58K on it. I wonder if the repairs would still be covered if the issue happened after 60K?
  9. J

Wireless CarPlay Adapter...Anyone try CarPlay2Air?

It works with the right firmware for the dongle. I have been using 2.0 version for over a year. But some people are having issues with the latest Mazda firmware. https://mazdas247.com/forum/t/wireless-adapter-for-carplay.123873233/#post-6717190
  10. J

74.00.200 Has Wireless Apple CarPlay

The current firmware fixed any earlier issue. I been using it for over a month. It is seamless. Order from amazon, easy return if it doesnt work out.
  11. J

74.00.200 Has Wireless Apple CarPlay

You can. https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/index.php?threads/wireless-adapter-for-carplay.123873233/
  12. J

CX-5 Android Auto / Apple CarPlay

I have HomeKit set up to turn on my indoor lights and open the garage door when I'm within a house length from my home.
  13. J

Wireless Adapter for Carplay

It's been a week. Any incompatibility should pop up by now.
  14. J

Not much more to post. it works. If anyone wants to have wireless CarPlay without upgrading the head unit. :)
  15. J

It has been 3 days and it worked without issue. All the apps I used worked. Just make sure to use firmware 2021.1.28 or newer on the dongle.
Back