Recent content by Jedi54

1. J

FREE EBC Brake Pads for CX-5

Have a set of EBC Green pads, BNIB. I unfortunately didn't realize these don't fit the larger calipers of the GT-R so if anyone wants them, just cover the USPS shipping and they're all yours. These are front brake pads.
  2. J

EBC Brake Pads - 2.5T

reason is I ended up putting EBC green's in the rear before I realized the fronts wouldn't fit (ordered standard 2.5L pads) I could always throw some bosch or durlast pads up front but figured if the brakes were the same as the CX-9 I could have a matching set. I'll try pinging EBC again but...
  3. J

EBC Brake Pads - 2.5T

does anyone know if the CX-9 has the same front brakes as the 2019 GTR? looking on rockauto, it appears the bosch brake pads have the same part number for the 2019 CX-9 and CX-5 (2.5T) hmmm...
  4. J

EBC Brake Pads - 2.5T

Looking to order some front brake pads for the CX-5 but on EBC's site I don't see the turbo model listed, just 2.0 and 2.2TD. According to this thread the Turbo has larger brakes so the standard part DP22134 won't fit. Also in the thread linked, a user mentioned that the 2.2 TD has the same...
  5. J

Unclog a/c drain and remove musty smell easily

first off you guys are awesome! My 2019 (54k miles) started doing this the last week or two and this video greatly helped. I did notice the hose is slightly different on the 2018 as it didn't have that retaining clip on the top part of the drain hose. I was able to get the kool-it line...
  6. PXL_20220102_194425278.jpg

PXL_20220102_194425278.jpg

7. J

Unclog a/c drain and remove musty smell easily

my 2019 just started having this odor whenever I turn the car on so reading up on some older threads. this looks like a great one, unfortunately oP's images no longer show.
  8. J

Pep Boys refuses used oil

geez I didn't realize it was such a PITA to recycle oil anymore. OP from your post, I would have bet money you were in CA given but NJ is a pretty close 2nd. I do remember growing up in Santa Ana that you could get those containers from the city and they would pick up the used oil on trash...
  9. J

When did the 6-speed shift pattern change?

@Bandley3 That's an R3 shift knob where the Reverse is high left. You'll want something from 2004 - 2008 for your first Gen RX-8 and yes, these shift knobs are stupid expensive. *waves angry fist*
  10. J

What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Oil change new air filter cabin air filter spark plugs 4 new tires Not a bad day for the CX-5.
  11. J

Are you content with 19” Toyos or replacing them ASAP?

After 44k miles the Toyos were done. Honestly, probably should have replaced them a few months ago but they still had decent tread on them so I kept on driving. Replaced with Falken Pro G5 CSV's in OE sizes and after a few days I'm quite impressed. Softer ride and more quiet than I remember the...
  12. J

Guide Maintenance Mode for 2016 / 2017 CX-5 electronic brakes

Excellent thread, thanks guys.
  13. J

What type of mpg are you getting, turbo owners?

I've tracked every single mile on this car since I took delivery. 44,658 miles later I'm averaging 26.226mpg mixed highway / city 87 octane
  14. J

Has Anyone Found Appropriate Chains for 19" Wheels & Tires Yet?

Did we come to a consensus on what fits our vehicles with 19" tires? I had read in another thread that the SZ429's don't fit and was led to believe that cables were the way to go. Thoughts on what will clear and work?
Back