Recent content by inodes

1. I

2014 CX-5 2.5L Skyactiv Performance

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2014-mazda-6-sedan-first-drive-review The direct-injected 2.5-liter, 16-valve Skyactiv gasoline engine that is confirmed for the States performs with equal aplomb, exploiting its higher-rpm capabilities to produce 189 hp at 5700 rpm. When called on to perform...
  2. I

2014 CX-5 2.5L Skyactiv Performance

Keen to try out the 2.5L. At least in the Mazda 6, the 2.2L Diesel is still outperforming the 2.5L - but then again, the 2.2L Diesel is a beast.
  3. I

POLL: Are you happy with the factory installed TomTom Navigation Unit?

Yes - TomTom has extremely accurate routing (at least in Australia) Yes - The map updates are *extremely* cheap (friends with Toyota's pay 4x as much, and that's considered cheap) No - Compared with other TomTom software on the market, it's well behind the times. It's similar to TomTom of 2009.
  4. I

iPhone 5

Actually Josh, I was going to start another thread regarding the iOS 6 version. I've been beta testing iOS 6 for a little while, and since the latest version was released many connectivity quirks that I used to have are now completely fixed. I am using iPhone 4S with iOS 6. The main issue I...
  5. I

Test drove CX-5 on Saturday, have some questions

You have it lucky being right next to the US. Our dollar is stronger than the US or Canadian at moment. But ironically, while most European manufacturers are bring their prices down massively (I see McLaren's in my neighbourhood and think nothing of it) - Mazda isn't budging. The Mazda isn't...
  6. I

CX-5 vs. CR-V and Escape

This would be good to see. I expect there to be significant changes to the diesel as well. The Wheels magazine that is the most trusted source in this country anyway, has lined up all the available diesels on the market today. I'll have to re-print the section so you get it verbatim, but they...
  7. I

Help! Paint Quality Question

I had mine completely covered in 3M Ventureshield when brand new: Complete Surface Systems - CX-5 I am VERY happy with the results. I've since washed and waxed my car on numerous occasions. I've done nearly 10,000km of driving (including highway with stones). Absolutely no paint damage. The...
  8. I

CX-5 vs. CR-V and Escape

The UK has two diesels. The poorer of the two outperforms the petrol, but only be a small distance. We don't sell that diesel in Australia. We only sell the greater of the two. Completely agree on your comment that the petrol outperforms the diesel in most cases. So do the car magazines. In...
  9. I

Where do you put the key?

I know at least with my CX-5, you can lock the second key in the car with the first. But if it's left in there for a period of time, and the first key leaves the vehicle - the key left in the car gets disabled (this prevents car theft). There is a re-enable process that requires using the first...
  10. I

Test drove CX-5 on Saturday, have some questions

Can't really comment. I have the diesel and the comparison between this and the petrol is night and day. The diesel doesn't lack any power. I've read that the difference is minimal. Suspension is quite decent and haven't had an issue riding on 19"'s. Up to you. If you require winter tyre...
  11. I

Possible to add just the technology package?

It's a factory fitted item that is limited by the design of the production line in Hiroshima. They only install those features on cars with the moonroof.
  12. I

fuel gauge and remaining gas

Btw Giddy..... How does you CX-5 perform around Mount Panorama :) ?
  13. I

fuel gauge and remaining gas

This is particularly true of the diesel. The manual recommends that petrol users fill up when light comes on. But for diesel users, they should fill up well beforehand.
  14. I

Ski trip....

There are obvious 4WD's and some that could be either/or. The CX-5 falls into the either/or category, and the Police couldn't be bothered looking for the logo. The CX-5 coming through behind me was 2WD but said that he was AWD and got waved through. The long line of chain installers on 2WD were...
  15. I

Ski trip....

Yes... and early. Number plates like this go quickly. I was going to order CX5-5CX, but a mate said there is a play on words with 5XC.
Back