Recent content by inanimate

1. inanimate

2016~2021 2020 CX-9 tow hitch and hands-free lift gate

Looking at the Curt 13284 online, I don't really see how it's different enough to affect the hands free liftgate differently than the one I had installed. That said, I have a feeling that the "OEM hitch" isn't one model, but whatever is compatible in each local market to the dealer.
  2. inanimate

Guide: 2nd Generation CX-9: Rear turn signal bulb replacement/upgrade

Spent a few minutes staring at my turn signals last night and I think I'll wait until one of them burns out to replace with LEDs. The stock halogen are bright enough, and due to the different design from the fronts, it's hard to tell that they are different really. $40 saved (for now)!
  3. inanimate

All weather mats question

The other problem is that I have captains chairs in the second row and weather tech is the only one that has compatible mats for those but their front mats don’t seem as good as husky or maxpider.
  4. inanimate

Been hemming and hawing but finally bit the bullet and ordered the husky cargo liner due to the coverage, and ability to fold. Will report back in a few weeks when it arrives.
  5. inanimate

They sell Maxpiders but once you go to select them, no CX-9 mats are available anymore.
  6. inanimate

It seems like maxpider mats have become really hard to purchase now. Wonder if they discontinued them.
  7. inanimate

2016~2021 2020 CX-9 tow hitch and hands-free lift gate

I had the dealer install the oem hitch and it does indeed interfere with hands free operation. The US site states this but the Canadian site didn’t. It still works most of the time if you figure out where to kick (right under the two innermost parking sensors) but it’s a bit unreliable. Maybe a...
  8. inanimate

What cleaning/maintenance products do you use?

I had Opticoat pro applied to my 2014 CX-5 for about $450 but a ceramic coatings have gotten so much more expensive now at closer to $1000. right now I’m just using Meguiar’s hybrid ceramic wax after a hand wash. It’s super easy and surprisingly good for a spray. I did just get a sun joe doc...
  9. inanimate

Guide: 2nd Generation CX-9: Reverse light bulb replacement/upgrade

I only did the reverse bulbs this time, but they were so easy that I'm more encouraged to do turn signals now. @sm1ke , are the turn signals obnoxiously bright as LEDs? It's hard to tell in your video. They look brighter, but not sure if they are possibly too bright.
  10. inanimate

Bulbs arrived today and got swapped in within minutes. Super easy! Even simpler than I expected. The instructions from @sm1ke made it a breeze. Looks great. Thanks for the tips!
  11. inanimate

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/index.php?threads/2nd-generation-cx-9-rear-turn-signal-bulb-replacement-upgrade.123864074/
  12. inanimate

Reverse bulbs ordered. The value seems clear. Thoughts on rear (and front) turn signals? those bulbs are more than twice the price of the reverse and seem harder to install.
  13. inanimate

2016~2021 Cargo management in the CX-9

One more note about the hitch. about 1/3 of the time I try to open the hatch, it stops only 1/3 of the way up and beeps. I’m thinking maybe the hitch has something to do with it?Just another thought that says that Mazda didn’t do their homework to make sure the hitch wouldn’t cause problems...
  14. inanimate

2016~2021 Advice for servicing the CX-9 for the first time?

I called the dealer and they clarified that $99 was with a tire rotation but it's only $69 without. Considering the cost of oil and filter, $69 is feeling ok for a synthetic oil change. Will probably let them do it at that rate. My other dealer that I've been going to for a decade (Mazda 3...
  15. inanimate

Can't seem to buy the husky front liners by themselves for some reason. Maybe I can go OEM liner in the fronts, and weathertechs in the second row.