Recent content by Hyperlite

1. H

Aftermarket CX-9 Exhaust tips?

Curious if anybody has any more options to add to this list? I really like the bigger tips that come on the new Signature model, but it seems you would have to buy the whole muffler assembly. Not really interested in cheap eBay/Amazon tips that will eventually rust. Anybody found any good...
  2. H

2016~2023 CX-9 Chrome Delete methods?

Added bonus, it protects the chrome so if you ever removed it, the chrome would be in like new condition 👍🏻
  3. H

Thanks guys! I used Hyperdip on the rear emblems and horizontal grille bars (too intricate to wrap), and Vvivid gloss black vinyl on everything else. Combination of 4” rolls and larger square pieces. Definitely lots of doing and redoing, but happy with the final product. @sm1ke yes that lower...
  4. H

I did a chrome delete on my 2019 GT. Used a combination of vinyl wrap and Hyperdip (improved plastidip). It was a long process and a steep learning curve, but I saved over $1000 from what a shop quoted me and now I can redo any areas that start to deteriorate.
  5. IMG_6256.jpeg

IMG_6256.jpeg

6. IMG_6259.jpeg

IMG_6259.jpeg

7. IMG_6257.jpeg

IMG_6257.jpeg

8. H

CX-9 2017 Oil quantity question

I had the same experience. Manual says 4.8L. Guy at the dealership told me they always use 5.3L. I ended up need 5.4L to bring it right up to the full mark.
  9. H

Oil change capacity question

Yup can confirm this now. I let mine drain for extra long and it took 5.4L to bring it to the full mark. Bizarre that the manual is so off 🤨
  10. H

Oil change capacity question

Went to dealership to buy 5L of oil as manual says oil change capacity with filter replacement is 4.8L (2019 CX-9). A tech just happened to be at the counter and said “we always use 5.3L when doing the turbo engines”. I’m not too worried as I’ll do my normal method and make sure the level is...
  11. H

2016~2023 Lowering CX-9 using Mazda6 suspension

I’m sure it rides fine for the owner who’s excited about how the new mod looks. Ask them again in a handful of months and I bet they’re singing a different tune. Ask me how I know…
  12. H

2016~2023 Lowering CX-9 using Mazda6 suspension

Zero chance that thing “rides beautiful” on anything other than perfectly smooth roads. Does look nice tho.
  13. H

Summer additions

It’s the Inno Ridge Trunk 460. Specs from the website: L2000xW950xH350(mm) Height from Cross bar 310(mm) Interior length 1860(mm) Capacity 420L
  14. H

Summer additions

Haven’t really tested it out for prolonged trips, but so far on short highway stints it’s been totally fine. Noticeable if you really listen for it, but as soon as you turn any music on or chat it melts into the background right away.
  15. H

Summer additions

Couple new additions for summer road trips. Crossbars, roof box, painted black calipers (extra 10hp).
Back