Recent content by hotcracker69

1. H

CX-30 Towing Capacity and Hitch

either way i hope that hitch manufacturer come out with at least class 2 hitches
  2. H

How many miles does your P5 have?

270K miles, eats a bit of oil... but still run well, changing the tranny fluid the and eng oil will keep any car going.
  3. H

Is Mazda's upcoming CX-30 on your shopping list?

this is on my list for sure. i think the CX5 is too big for me. i love mazda seating position
  4. H

Issue with 2013 Mazda 2 - Rough Idle, Shaking

i had it on mine a bit, cleaned the MAF sensor and is much smoother now. try that first
  5. H

Thornton,co

follow the service manual for brake replacement. it should work
  6. H

Where to get a copy of the service manual for Mazda2?

PM me, i found a seller on Ebay
  7. H

i found a copy- thanks
  8. H

Can anyone point to the right direction for a good service manual for the M2? i got on ebay and is just full of technical info. there is no torque values or procedures. i know the dealer would have an official one. most likely expensive. i did search here and found nothing so far.
  9. H

how many P5 do you see around?

there is a few around my area. 250k later, i still love it and has not given me any trouble. I am planning to keep it till it dies... Android Auto head unit has gotten pretty cheap, easy way to modernize the car
  10. H

can anyone recommend a Mazda technician or repair shop in Orange County, SoCal?

I have been going to OC master Tech in orange https://www.yelp.com/biz/oc-master-techs-orange he used to be a mazda tech till he open his own shop, he has been taking care of my p5 for years now. 240k trouble free , let him know Eric , silver mazda protege5 refer you.
  11. H

Double Din Suggestions for $300-500?

I want to do this also, but i am waiting for android auto and apple car play to go down in price a bit. i realize that they best navi is your cell phone one...
  12. H

Water pump replacement

timing belt and water pump replacement is worth the mechanic- they last over 150k... so you might only do it once in the lifetime of the car - assuming you drive the car to 300k. unless you really enjoy the process..... then yes of course do it yourself I paid $250.00 for labor to get...
  13. H

2002 Protege5 won't start.

you battery might be failing , check the battery again
  14. H

Coolant reservoir spitting out coolant (overheating issue).

radiators are so easy to put in and the plastic one are cheap to buy. but if you want more, aluminum might be the way to go. but you got 300k on the car, will it be worth it? coolant is very toxic for the environment, try to fix the issue ASAP
Back